Hey Guys

Looking to buy a very small, lightweight guitar amp. Before if I ever needed to take my current amp places, I would normally have to get a lift or the bus and carry it around along with my guitar and pedals, totally knackering

So I just want something that I can take on the train with me along with one of my guitars to leave at my girlfriends house, just for when I get the urge to play and I'm miles away from all my gear.

What I want:

.What Genre's Do You Play? = Ermmmm... Mostly a mixture between RHCP stuff and RATM, also play quite a bit of metal (Black Label Society, ect...) so something quite versatile and can deal well with pedals

.Budget? = Anything up to or just over £100, not wanting to spend aload seen as its not really necessary

.Output? = Lower than or around 5watts, seen as I wont use it for gigging or playing with a drummer

.Valve or Solid State? = Either would be fine

.Features? = Just the usual, Volume, Treble, Mids, Bass, I wouldn't mind some onboard effects but I am not too fussed

I have already considered the Roland Micro Cube, but I already have a Cube30X, having two amps which are basically the same seems a little silly so preferably not one of those... Oh and as much as I like buying secondhand, I want the amp soon so I'll just buy it from a store

Thanks alot
i have a marshall ms-4 (google image it). its small, fairly loud, and it looks pretty cool. it was $50, i dont know how that translates but its fairly cheap. it has a knob for gain, volume, and tone, 0 being more bass, and 10 being more treble. i like it.

EDIT: and it plugs in just like a normal amp so u can use pedals.
Last edited by sol-sob-on-pcp at Jan 5, 2010,
ZT Lunchbox. Loud, light and small (and cheap!), but it doesn't sound great on its own. You'd need to rely on pedals to get good tones.

EDIT: Didn't see the not-jamming part. Go for one of the Vox Amplugs.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Jan 5, 2010,
or a pocket pod...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Raijouta
ZT Lunchbox. Loud, light and small (and cheap!), but it doesn't sound great on its own. You'd need to rely on pedals to get good tones.

EDIT: Didn't see the not-jamming part. Go for one of the Vox Amplugs.

I would still get the lunchbox though, what if a friend of his pops up and wants to jam, or he gets to know new people or something, the lunchbox won't have a killer tone but still, it will produce sound...
Jaques Fat Burner Compressor. It's a compressor that can also work as a headphone amp. that way, you actually have something useable instead of a micro amp that's just a small amp.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Jan 5, 2010,
I have a Vox DA5, which is decent. I actually keep it at my girlfriends house, for the same reason TS stated.
Fender 60th Anniv MIM Strat (SD Little 59er Br)
Agile AL-2000 Rootbeer Flame (GFS Vtg '59)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
GFS Chorus
DS-1
Quote by greenwgreg
I have a Vox DA5, which is decent. I actually keep it at my girlfriends house, for the same reason TS stated.

me too.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I suggest the Crate Profiler Series Model 5. It can run on batteries (6 AA's) or AC powered (plug) has a USB output, headphone jack, audio input, 2 clean settings, 4 medium gain settings, 5 high gain settings, Multi and single delay setting, trem, RTRY, Phaser, chorus, flanger, chorus + flanger, Octave, vibrato, Wah, and Phaser + wah effects, Reverb settings (low to high), Gain settings (low to high), tone (low to high) and of course, a master volume. It has two 4 inch speakers and is about 2.5 watts per speaker. It also has a built in tuner, but I'm not too fond of it. I got this amp for Christmas and is absolutely the greatest little practice amp.
Last edited by Somekid94 at Jan 5, 2010,