hiya.

Im looking to buy my second electric guitar. i brought my first one two years ago but i find it too heavy and the sound is pretty bad.

Can anyone help find me a guitar???

i have a budget of £450

im not a massive fan of strat style but i dont really mind

i would like a light guitar

i mostly play rock and metal but i also like blues

im not bothered about a tremolo.

thank you.
Quote by ac/dc-sean
hiya.

Im looking to buy my second electric guitar. i brought my first one two years ago but i find it too heavy and the sound is pretty bad.

Can anyone help find me a guitar???

i have a budget of £450

im not a massive fan of strat style but i dont really mind

i would like a light guitar

i mostly play rock and metal but i also like blues

im not bothered about a tremolo.

thank you.

Well... Maybe an alder bodied guitar, they ain't too heavy A jackson Dinky or something?
My gear:

Ibanez S5470-TKS with a BKP Nailbomb Bridge, Cold Sweat Neck, Trillogy Suite Middle single coil
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Cube 60
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Guitar Rig 5
Look at a brand new Epi Les Paul? They're about 430 squids brand new.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

If you want something that is light w/ a smooth neck I'd go after something in an SG Style. If you like something shortscale then try out a mustang.
My Gear:
Guitars: Vintage LP, Martin DX-1, Epi Viola Bass,
Amps: Marshall JMD501
Effects: Empty Set right now
I suggest you check in the Ibanez section. They make very good guitars to play any style of music and they aren't that expensive. You could get something good with your budget.

EDIT: Same with jackson's guitars.
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
fender telecaster?

or wht i have a jackson DX10D they are brilliant! but get it in transparent red
Quote by 742627000017
Be more specific about what guitar do you need? What do you usually play?

to name some bands: green day ac/dc avenged sevenfold bullet for my valentine
Quote by lank81
If you want something that is light w/ a smooth neck I'd go after something in an SG Style. If you like something shortscale then try out a mustang.

i looked at a few sg's and i really like the esp ltd viper series any opinions?
I think you should go for Jackson, maybe the RR model. It is a very light weight guitar and it works perfect for metal and rock.
Go try a bunch out. I'd check out Washburn while you're at it tho - they are reasonably priced and my X50Pro is stupidly light
I picked up an Epiphone SG for 100 quid or so, around 150ish American, as a backup guitar for our lead player.

I have to say, I'm extremely impressed with the sound. Even if it is an Epiphone, it's light, cheap, and sounds damn good.
You might not find LP's heavy but I think they are on the heavier side of guitars or at least my '02 Gibson LP Studio was. I think you should look into something like the Jackson's recommended already or an Ibanez RG type of style guitar if you want something light and versatile. They have a lot of options and you can do a trem model or fixed bridge. The prices range from dirt cheap to expensive so get busy browsing and go play some guitars like some other people have already said. Have fun and good luck!
Quote by skateralle
I think you should go for Jackson, maybe the RR model. It is a very light weight guitar and it works perfect for metal and rock.

K i love the rr models but i dont know which one to get. any opinions?

OR

what do you think on the jackson DX10D???

Thanks again