Pratted around with various sounds to get a good all rounder solo sound. Covered fade to black as its a good all-rounder tone wise. What do you think???

Any feedback is welcome

www.youtube.com/user/jcrerar1

(Oh and sorry if this is the wrong thread, was trying to decide for ages which one to put it in!)
Last edited by J_Producer at Jan 5, 2010,
Damn dude very nice. I thinks its rather good. You should post something original and see how that goes.
sounded good to me, some parts sounded a little compressed but it was probably just youtube's fault :/

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
i want your guitar... and it sounds really good
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Quote by SPBY
sounded good to me, some parts sounded a little compressed but it was probably just youtube's fault :/

I think the compression came from the ridiculous amount of gain i had to use to get the tone lol!

@ gfreak: yeah i'll do some improv to a backing track at some point and post on this thread or make another if its died.
I didn't post in here cause I didn't want to risk being part of a possibly reported thread. I guess it's safe now. But yeah, I commented on that video. Very good work, man. It's nice to see a Metallica cover that doesn't completely suck
@VictorinoX:

hey thanks man. do you think this thread will be reported? where should I have put it? yep got your comment thanks for the positive feedback

I agree, I was looking around for other fade to black covers and its amazing how many completely suck ass. It's such a great solo you'd think thousands would have covered it and since theres so many unbelievable guitarists out there, there'd be some good covers up! ah well :s
Last edited by J_Producer at Jan 5, 2010,
Quote by J_Producer
@VictorinoX:

hey thanks man. do you think this thread will be reported? where should I have put it? yep got your comment thanks for the positive feedback

I agree, I was looking around for other fade to black covers and its amazing how many completely suck ass. It's such a great solo you'd think thousands would have covered it and since theres so many unbelievable guitarists out there, there'd be some good covers up! ah well :s

I don't think you're in any trouble, since you were referring to finding your tone for it. and also because you asked nicely.

most guys just post some weird thread name, then you open it all that's there is a youtube link. So you should be okay.
Sounds ****in' killer! Its damn great to see a Metallica cover that actually has good tone! Keep on rocking.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Quote by Ital_Stal
scoop your mids a tad... really good playing (Y)

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try. I do like the scooped tone and use it quite a bit, especially using the neck pick up of my les paul.

Any more constructive criticism is appreciated and thanks for the kind words dewds
Quote by gfreak117
Damn dude very nice. I thinks its rather good. You should post something original and see how that goes.

well last night i was drinkin quite a bit and decided to record another! in the cold light of day its not very good and i look like a twat, but turned up the highs a bit and scooped the mids as you guys have suggested so have a look!

i covered alice in chains - man in the box with some of my own bits while i danced around the original. Let me know what you guys think!

www.youtube.com/user/jcrerar1

(its Man In The Box cove...DRUNK!)