I cried

Uhm.. your only real option if you ever want to play it again is to take it to a luthier and have it fixed.
common injury, theres several good threads on this scenario already (try doing a search for "snapped headstock"...you`re going to need wood glue and fine sandpaper and some clamps for starters
Yea its not that hard of a fix...
my worst was.. the bridge on my 90's ovation 12 string cracked in half and flew across the room in the middle of the night...
Send it to a luthier, and they should be able to fix it. Normally, it's a lot stronger than it was before as well, which is good.
Cam Sampbell's my hero

Seriously, take it to a luthier. Cost depends on the luthier.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
It looks worse than it is. It's a nice clean break and easily fixed. I actually prefer this kind of break to repair. Most good neck repairs are all in the way you clamp it! No Jed jokes please! LOL I made special cradles that couture to the curvature of the back of the neck so it holds it nice and even. If you use a clamp without something to cradle the neck you can crush the truss rod channel. Regular Tite Bond II or III is perfect for guitar repairs.

I repaired this mess!

When I bought it. it was a simple crack at the scarf joint. When it was shipped they neglected to relieve the tension on the strings. It cracked again 1/4" above the original break and the fret board came loose in two places. The worse was the truss rod shattered the neck at the headstock in three separate little pieces. It had to be repaired on fix at a time. The last pic is of it repaired with a coat of sanding sealer over the repair. The guitar is 99% finished it just needs polishing to blend the new finish in.

John
TS. You stored the guitar on a stand on leaned it on an amp didn't you!
Moving on.....
Quote by David Collins
That's not the worst thing that can happen to a guitar, not by a long shot. It's minor inconvenience, not much more than standard maintenance for a lot of guitars. Headstocks snap every day. Have it glued up and you'll be fine.

Other than having it burn up in a fire how could this not be one of the worst things to happen?
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
Other than having it burn up in a fire how could this not be one of the worst things to happen?
It's easily fixable when it's such a clean break. Tis one of those 'it looks much worse than it is' kinda things.

Still though, I pray I never have to deal with it.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
That's actually a lot easier to fix than a crack. A smart luthier would charge less to fix than a crack. There are plenty resources on the Internet that could tell you how to do it yourself though.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
I think this is the worst thing that can happen to a guitar. Struck by lightning (I'm sure a bunch of people remember when this was on eBay)
http://kidronpsalms.blogspot.com/2009/07/les-paul-struck-by-lightning.html

As for your case, hope she gets fixed, the boys on here know their stuff.
Quote by Wondergaurd
The Strat/Tele debate is alot like picking a starter in Pokemon, each is great at something and can cover other fields well, it's just what they do good and great that makes 'em different
man. this thread made my stomach crawl.
this should not happen.
Classical Guitarist
Quote by laxduck
I think this is the worst thing that can happen to a guitar. Struck by lightning (I'm sure a bunch of people remember when this was on eBay)
http://kidronpsalms.blogspot.com/2009/07/les-paul-struck-by-lightning.html

As for your case, hope she gets fixed, the boys on here know their stuff.

Everyone remembers that. lol.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by Ital_Stal
Yea its not that hard of a fix...
my worst was.. the bridge on my 90's ovation 12 string cracked in half and flew across the room in the middle of the night...

Damn guitar playing poltergeists!

As stated its quite a clean break but i would take it to a luthier just to be sure it gets fixed properly.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Although the OP seems to have decided to find a luthier I'm saying it anyway, You're doing the right thing. Although it may be an "easy" fix you don't want to do it yourself and mess it up.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
What is the "worst" is subjective I guess, for me it was having two of my strats stolen because loosing a guitar completely is just that....gone, it was on my mind everyday for 3 months. However there is a happy ending to my story, with motivation to never give up on them I got them back recently...

However got them back not undamaged though, I will take pics and show you what I mean soon. But at least I got them back, one has very sentimental memories to me. Pics and more details coming soon.
I have a new 14-week old puppy in the house. He chews EVERYTHING. NO EXCEPTIONS. I'm sure if I let him get near one of my guitars, I could offer everyone a good contender for the "worst thing that can happen to a guitar"

Hope the OP gets his guitar fixed. Sorry about that break, man...

Gear:
'00 Fender SRV Strat MIA
'95 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez Acoustic/Electric (Mod. AEG20E - VV)
Fender Super-Champ XD Amp
Boss Loop Station Pedal
Hope, fear, confusion, no natural talent.
Quote by JHS
I have a new 14-week old puppy in the house. He chews EVERYTHING. NO EXCEPTIONS. I'm sure if I let him get near one of my guitars, I could offer everyone a good contender for the "worst thing that can happen to a guitar"

Hope the OP gets his guitar fixed. Sorry about that break, man...

If that were my guitar and puppy, it would be better suited for a "worst thing that can happen to a dog" thread.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Errrrr....
Get pawned/thrown down the stairs by an pissed ex-girlfriend?
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Worst thing that can happen to a guitar? How about that being a one-of-kind custom built and painted Gibson Les Paul smashed into pieces by a dumbass redneck NASCAR driver within minutes after he accepted it as an award for winning a race in Nashville, TN?
Hmm the worst thing that can happen to a guitar? I dunno, it would be fairly bad for it to thrown on a bonfire or chucked in a swimming pool? That's even worse
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Marshall VS100 Valvestate head with 4x12 angled cab

Squier Strat (Fiesta Red) 90's, Korean
Quote by mrbreeze317
Worst thing that can happen to a guitar? How about that being a one-of-kind custom built and painted Gibson Les Paul smashed into pieces by a dumbass redneck NASCAR driver within minutes after he accepted it as an award for winning a race in Nashville, TN?

he purchased two more. one for him, one for his crew cheif. they cut up the original guitar (trophy) so the entire crew got a piece of it. tell the whole story. what was funny was watching a skinny redneck try to break it and fail repeatedly.

but the worst thing that can happen to a guitar is a SHITTY AMP!!!!!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
This isn't a "Worst thing to happen to a guitar?" Thread, People. Read the topic.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Quote by Gargoyle2500
This isn't a "Worst thing to happen to a guitar?" Thread, People. Read the topic.

the topic has been...

have a little fun.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by mrbreeze317

This is also a pretty horrible thing to happen to the GENE POOL.

Gear:
'00 Fender SRV Strat MIA
'95 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez Acoustic/Electric (Mod. AEG20E - VV)
Fender Super-Champ XD Amp
Boss Loop Station Pedal
Hope, fear, confusion, no natural talent.
he purchased two more. one for him, one for his crew cheif. they cut up the original guitar (trophy) so the entire crew got a piece of it. tell the whole story. what was funny was watching a skinny redneck try to break it and fail repeatedly.

He could have purchaseed seventeen gazillion more guitars, wouldn't have done a damn thing for the one he ****ed up!
Unfortunately this seems to be a common problem with Gibson guitars due to the angle of the headstock. There are a couple of youtube vids on how to repair it yourself. Since it is an Epiphone, unless you absolutely loved the guitar I'd just fix it yourself.
Quote by philwhite
Since it is an Epiphone, unless you absolutely loved the guitar I'd just fix it yourself.

Just because it's a cheap(er) guitar?

Quote by Gargoyle2500
Although the OP seems to have decided to find a luthier I'm saying it anyway, You're doing the right thing. Although it may be an "easy" fix you don't want to do it yourself and mess it up.

This.
Good advice.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon