Melodic Death Metal band (Drop Dead) in Evanston, IL (just north of Chicago) seeking talent in bass, keyboard, and vocals.

If you're a guitarist willing to play bass (we accept picking style) or a bassist in the Chicago area, we need talent for live shows and songwriting.

If you've got experience hitting the ivory and enjoy bands like In Flames, Soilwork, Children of Bodom, etc., we need you!

For vocals, we'll interview you online unless you live close enough for a quickview of your abilities. We're looking for a singer similar to Soilwork/Lost Eden/Disarmonia Mundi/etc. but unique singing voices are 10x better. However, regardless of our power metal influence, we won't be accepting power metal or rapped vocals. Also, if you only do clean vocals, kindly don't bother applying as our priority is harsh vocals. We do have post-metalcore influence but we're not a hardcore band and don't want to fall into the commercial abyss that surrounds that area of genre >>. So while we may have clean vocals, it's, again, not our priority.

There's room to grow in this band, of course, and naturally we like having fun. But our demo will be released within the month and we do want serious minds intent on playing live shows/touring/songwriting/recording. We're not a straight-edge band but if you're too blazed or sloshed to ever focus, we don't want you. Also, you need to be in contact with at least one member of the band every day, whether by phone or IM.

If you'd like a sample of our work in MIDI format, we can send gp5's of our songs as we're not entirely recorded yet.

~Kwonnie
Last edited by Kwonnie at Feb 14, 2010,
I'd be interested in checking you guys out, but I don't have a car and I'm all the way in palatine. By the way I love the statue/slide in front of the high school.
Yeah Palatine is quite a ways away. If you get a method of transportation however, make sure you hit me up.
Ah man, wish you were down here, I'd jump on this chance right away.
Equip List: MTD Artist 5 fretless, Ampeg SVT 810, GK NEO 410, Behringer BVT5500H, Boss (EQ, LS-2, ChromoTuner, Overdrive)
Let me know if you need a guitarist.
Schecter Blackjack C-1 EX (BK Painkiller, DM Liquifire)
Hardwire CM-2 Tube Overdrive
ISP Decimator
Fargen modded Peavey JSX, w/ KT77's
Hardwire DL-8 Delay