So I was playing around with joining the channels yesterday, patch lead from first channel to the second and guitar input in the second input of the second channel. I awoke to find that it is buzzing loudly on clean even at low volumes. When you turn the volume right up the buzz increases, but there's also popping. I've ruled out cables because I've tried several directly to the amp from the guitar. I also hooked up my new pedal board yesterday but don't see how that could have affected anything. I have a gig in a few days.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro Harmonix Big Muff
Ernie Ball VP Junior 250k
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Last edited by zapparage at Jan 5, 2010,
Can't jumper the inputs on a DR, it's not a marshall.
They have seperate preamp channels that are out of phase.

However, I don't think you damaged anything doing that, other than maybe wipe out a tube that was already one foot in the grave.

Tube roll it; it certainly sounds like a preamp tube.
Lord knows, there's spares in there...
After leaving it off for 20 minutes and just turning it back on the buzzing went away, but then slowly comes back.

So I should take the preamp tube from channel one and put it into channel two?
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
When I turn the reverb down now the buzzing stops. I tried it before and don't think that happened, but maybe it did. So sounds like a blown reverb tube?
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Last edited by zapparage at Jan 5, 2010,
And now the buzzing is gone after leaving it on for 20 mins.
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Hrrrmmm, can't say for sure, but anything in the realm of noise you're describing still says pre tube. Could just be a spot of funky wall voltage. During the time it was/wasn't buzzing, were any major appliances (washer/drier/heater/AC) running?

Anyway, it's worth it to give each pre tube a nice wiggle to make sure they're snug in their sockets.
If it comes back, it's time to yank an un-used tube (depending on which channel you usually use) and strt swapping in and out.

Unless it stays gone, which it might.
Sometimes Fenders like to play that game...