I was wondering if there are any mods that I can do to my Vox 50vt.

I'm looking for any mods (besides speaker change,already gonna do that)
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
No.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
How would you mod a largely solid state amp without it being prohibitively expensive?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I think you’ve completely misunderstood both the technology and point of modeling amps.
Their is a effects loop mod, you can retube the preamp, and that changes the tone a fair amount, also changes the gain, thro a eq pedal in the effects loop the vt is heavily effected by those, and a good speaker change will make it sound great, I use one in my live rig and mine is modded, me and my amp tech are working on a mod on the power amp section
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
^thats how I meant mods lol..not like rewiring the whole thing to make it a tube or something.

I might do a couple of those (tube change,speaker change,retube)

I am also thinking about doing this:

From this (mines the 50 watt not the 30 as shown)

to this (in steps)

Guitars:

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

but not in purple (well maybe) but rather maybe in blue,red,or orange.

I just dont know how I would get the speaker hooked up to the head
Guitars:

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Last edited by williamdllr at Jan 5, 2010,
Ah, ok, cabinet swaps make a little more sense, although for all the time you’d put it it seems more sensible to just buy something else in the first place. As for speaker and tube changes I’m pretty suspicious about whether they’re worthwhile or just people hearing what they want to hear. The Valvetronix amps use a good custom speaker to handle the range of amp models, I fail to see how using an off-the-shelf speaker does anything but boost the ego of people with too much free time. And the tube mod also seems pointless—the tube isn’t what gives those amps most of their sound anyway. The placement of an LCD behind it suggests that its a marketing gimmick to people who rely more on their eyes than ears.
I want a tube that will breaki up a lil sooner than this one.

I love building things and customizing things and I want to venture into electronics now and thats why I want to change it from combo to half stack
Guitars:

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Quote by williamdllr
I want a tube that will breaki up a lil sooner than this one.

I love building things and customizing things and I want to venture into electronics now and thats why I want to change it from combo to half stack

That tube is a gimmick. It doesn't have much to do with your sound, probably it doesn't do anything at all. Save up for a nice amp insted of polishing this one to death.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
well I love the wayit sound right now (the cleans are amazing)

I am eventually going to buy a nice hi gain amp but this works perfect for my blues and light rock amp
Guitars:

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112