I know how to play artificials, you just place your thumb 12 frets above the note you're fretting and pluck, but can anyone explain how to play like... I dunno maybe one octave higher than that?
For reference, I was looking at Birdland by Weather Report:
song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae0nwSv6cTU
The tab can be found here (couldn't find a tab with the harmonic intro here ^^), but the guy who tabbed it doesn't explain how to do the harmonics the second time around.

Thanks
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
Epi Valve Junior Half stack
DS-1
Line 6 Floor Pod (FOR SALE!!!)
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
To get the first harmonic of a note you divide the string in half, to get the second harmonic you divide whats left of the string in half (so it would be 3/4 of the way between the fretted note and the bridge), the next one is halfway up from that (so 7/8 of the way between the fretted note and the bridge) etc - does that make sense?
Quote by zhilla
To get the first harmonic of a note you divide the string in half, to get the second harmonic you divide whats left of the string in half (so it would be 3/4 of the way between the fretted note and the bridge), the next one is halfway up from that (so 7/8 of the way between the fretted note and the bridge) etc - does that make sense?

Yes, thank you. That answers my question. I wasn't sure where Jaco Pastorius was plucking for the higher up harmonics. Thanks dude.
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
Epi Valve Junior Half stack
DS-1
Line 6 Floor Pod (FOR SALE!!!)
I achieve simmiliar harmonic sound by SLAPPING that note and doing a slight bend/vibrato - it sound like a guitar pinch harmonic. It's really great for soloing or sticking thru the mix in a rythm part.