Heya everybody. I haven't been mixing for that long, but I tried to do a little metal mix with my new Blackstar HT-5 using my brand new shure sm57. It's not that great because this was my first time micing with an sm57, on top of that I don't even know where my speaker cones are since they're not visible, haha (anyone got any tips on that? I tried to pinpoint them by feeling the speakers but the tolex is too tight). I was going for a Behemoth sorta sound while mixing. The drums are a VST plugin and the bass is midi. Anyways, check it out and comments are appreciated (on the song/clip too )!

The clip is on my profile and it's called "rate my mix! - blackstar ht-5".
Sounds good. Not muddy or anything, although the guitar sounds a little muted when it just plays by itself without the drums and other stuff.

Also, your profile hurts my eyes.
Quote by AA00P
Sounds good. Not muddy or anything, although the guitar sounds a little muted when it just plays by itself without the drums and other stuff.

Also, your profile hurts my eyes.

Yeah I know, I put a low pass filter on the guitars when they played solo to experiment, to make it more intense when the other instruments come in.
Ah, I see.

Well good job anyways, I like the sound of it. Good riffin', too.
As mentioned before, your background is a pain to look at.

But the music is good. I don't have good audio right here, so I can't judge your tone.

The little variation on your riffs with the palmmutes and then the pinch harmonic is a bit overused in my opinion, but it's just a little demo.

I couldn't do better, let that be clear
"Death is caused by swallowing small amounts of saliva over a long period of time"
I liked the riffs, couldn't hear any problems with the mix except I found it to be a little left-heavy. Anyone else hearing this?

It's a shame you only have access to midi bass, this would really benefit from a nice punchy bass.

Good stuff, do you plan on extending it? You should do.

As for the speakers, there must be some exploded diagram or something of it on the internet?
🙈 🙉 🙊