Some quick information:

This is my very first recording. I just got some recording equipment for Christmas, and I've been having lots of fun with it.

I recorded every track myself. There are no backing tracks, each track was performed by me. I didn't use tabs, as the song is very simple.

This song isn't necessarily a Christian Rock song.

Here's the link to the song on my profile:

Brand New - Jesus Christ Cover

Here's the YouTube link: (I do not believe it is against the rules to post YouTube links. If it is kindly let me know and I will remove it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRu7Di88pWk

Enjoy and critique.
If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace.

-John Lennon
Last edited by MeeMeesiko at Jan 5, 2010,
It's sounds pretty good but your vocals don't really fit very well. Also I think you really need those chords that come in during the bridge (the "I know you'll come in the night like a thief" part ) in the original record. They change the feel a lot and really distinguishes that particular part.
I'm not sure your vocals fit this song, either. That might just be to do with me listening to this song to death, and them throwing me off. I also agree with the above poster on the bridge. I guess he said everything there was to be said.
-

These are my thoughts as well. My vocals aren't strong enough for a song like this. The nature of my voice is a little off to do it properly. It sounds kind of dry.

Oh, and what chords do you mean, Drummer? I used the same chord progression the whole time. Do you mean that second vocal track that comes in in the last little bit? I think that really does the job well. It brightens up the whole last minute or so. Maybe I'll do it through the whole song and see how it turns out.
If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace.

-John Lennon
Quote by MeeMeesiko
These are my thoughts as well. My vocals aren't strong enough for a song like this. The nature of my voice is a little off to do it properly. It sounds kind of dry.

Oh, and what chords do you mean, Drummer? I used the same chord progression the whole time. Do you mean that second vocal track that comes in in the last little bit? I think that really does the job well. It brightens up the whole last minute or so. Maybe I'll do it through the whole song and see how it turns out.

He means it isn't supposed to be the same chord progression all the way through
-

Quote by MeeMeesiko
This song isn't necessarily a Christian Rock song.

i dont think this is a christian rock song at all
thats not Brand New's bag man

you did a good job though man
Gear so far:
Dean Vendetta XMT
Roland Microcube

Infiltrate the system and rot it from the inside-out.
Last edited by Shaggy_420 at Jan 6, 2010,
Quote by Drummerrrrr?
There's the picking that you play but a second guitar comes in during the bridge playing chords quietly underneath. You barely notice it on the record but it makes a big change. Check this tab out http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/b/brand_new/jesus_christ_ver6_tab.htm

That's interesting. Now that I listen to the song again, I'm actually amazed didn't hear that earlier. It makes it sound so much better. It flows great.

If I get a few minutes to lay down another track I will. Thanks a lot for the input. It helps a ton.

-John Lennon
Quote by MeeMeesiko
That's interesting. Now that I listen to the song again, I'm actually amazed didn't hear that earlier. It makes it sound so much better. It flows great.

If I get a few minutes to lay down another track I will. Thanks a lot for the input. It helps a ton.

No problem, man. Happy I could help ;D

Quote by Shaggy_420
i dont think this is a christian rock song at all
thats not Brand New's bag man

you did a good job though man

I don't think it actually has anything to do with Jesus at all, it's simply a metaphor.