Page 1 of 2
I’m looking to buy a few of their pedals, as I’ve learned it’s easier to have separate pedals rather than all in one. The reason they attract me is because of their price compared to boss for example. So why do people hate them?

Cheers

Josh
you get what you pay for. and seeing as how they're one of the cheapest.... good luck getting that thing to work after a week.
They sound crappy and break fast.
BOSS pedals also aren't really great.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
they make pretty good BOSS pedal copies...except they're made of plastic. Not the most reliablie...but they sound pretty close to the BOSS ones they're copied off of. The ones I've owned in the past were decent enough for the money
Haven't tried their pedals, but their amps and modelling systems were a joke. They bring staleness and muddiness to a new level.

Plus, I've had the privilege of not only being the first person at school to play a brand new V-Tone head, but also the first to discover it's unexplainable fault in the built-in effects: it produces a very loud humming sound that drowns out the guitar signal, rending the effects unusable.

But hey, that's just my experience.

I don't see why everyone complains about BOSS pedals, though. Sure, the "metal" ones aren't that great, but their delays are pretty awesome.
it will break. quickly most likely. and it wont sound that good, but it might just make you very happy

EDIT!
and EVERYTHING theyve ever made hums like crazy and in nearly cases can not be used live.
Last edited by Chilli 3000 at Jan 5, 2010,
BOSS pedals also aren't really great.

What? Whats possibly better than boss pedals? Ive thrown mine around like hell and they still work . My uncle has a boss tuner from 1986 and it still works perfectly ....
Vintage ICON Peter Green Replica Les Paul
Epiphone LP Standard
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 (New Valves )
Boss TU-2 & SD-1
EHX #1 Echo
They make clones of BOSS pedals, which are for the most part, rubbish (their delays and some other modulation effects are very nice however) and they tend to have the lifespan of a Mayfly
ohai little sig.
Quote by Echoplex
Not all of their stuff is bad. Don't buy amps from them though.

Iv heard a bugera live and it was awsome, the tone was amazing. But the downside is the reliabilty from what iv heard.
They're the american cars of pedals.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
If you're looking for cheap pedals, check Danelectro. Behringer makes a lot of hit or miss stuff. I've found good products in the past but a lot of trash as well.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
The only behringer pedal worth getting, imo, is the eq.
The rest had no drastic effect on my tone.
Bugera =/= Behringer, they're just distributors. Behringer actually makes amps of their own, like the V-amp, they're absolutely terrible.

Behringer pedals sound alright, but their build quality is poor and they break easily.
Quote by strings21
Iv heard a bugera live and it was awsome, the tone was amazing. But the downside is the reliabilty from what iv heard.

since when is a bugera a behringer? lol

they are cheap pedals for new guitarist's.

you get way you pay for.
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
I have a Behringer PB1000 pedalboard -- which is basically the Boss BCB60 pedalboard with no design flaws and can carry 12 boss sized pedals (you can remove the inserts to insert a digitech whammy or a wah pedal...)

I posted a review on the site and it was just posted, if you want to check it out. It's hands down the best thing that came out of them.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_effects/behringer/pb1000/index.html
Quote by AlanHB
As for the guitarist being a wanker - he's a guitarist. Get used to it.
Quote by williamdllr
since when is a bugera a behringer? lol

they are cheap pedals for new guitarist's.

you get way you pay for.

Bugera are a behringer company right?
Yes, bugera is owned by behringer.

I find the sound of the behringer is pretty much the same as boss pedals, which imo aren't that great either, but its the construction and durabilty is what is bad.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
some of them are actually ok don't buy into the "bringer pedulz r like wel crap" thing. Whilst they might be made out of plastic (which obviously isnt as nice as metal), they certainly don't break easily and are actually pretty reliable (I've been stomping on a couple for 4 years with no problems). Heres a video of a guy smashing the hell out of one and it still working fine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QL-6eTHSHQ

to be honest if you stomp it too hard after some heavy use then no biggie, its like 15 quid just buy another one!

Some of the sounds are actually ok- I actually use the BO100 blues overdrive one cos (surprisingly) it actually sounds pretty good as a boost for my amp's overdrive channel. I've tried a Blues Driver and several tubescreamer tones but I actually prefer the behringer for a blues tone. Most of the overdrive clones seem to be pretty useable though I wouldn't go near the distortions.

The delay is also pretty good and I've heard good things about the VD-1 (hilariously titled "Big Muff" clone) and the PH-1 (which I think is a phase 90 clone). And the EQ seems pretty decent.

Heres a guy getting some pretty good sounds from the blues overdrive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h5p8sokD4Y

to be honest my problem with them is the bypass buffer sucks a hell of a lot of tone when it's off which is annoying. They also eat batteries and the plastic can get pretty annoying sometimes like when replacing batteries.
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004
Fender Telecaster Custom 72RI 2009
PEDALZ
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
Last edited by Redstar5wp at Jan 5, 2010,
Their PA gear is mostly great.
Their studio gear is mostly good.
Their guitar gear is mediocre at best.

But there's quite a few decent pedals in their lineup if you're not a snob - their Tubescreamer clone sounds damn good.

With the Dano Cool Cats and Guitarfetish/Biyang pedals giving much better quality for only a little more dough they might need to up their game a bit (metal enclosures, true bypass etc) - even casual players are becoming a lot more gear-savvy these days.
Quote by Redstar5wp
some of them are actually ok don't buy into the "bringer pedulz r like wel crap" thing. Whilst they might be made out of plastic (which obviously isnt as nice as metal), they certainly don't break easily and are actually pretty reliable (I've been stomping on a couple for 4 years with no problems). Heres a video of a guy smashing the hell out of one and it still working fine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QL-6eTHSHQ

to be honest if you stomp it too hard after some heavy use then no biggie, its like 15 quid just buy another one!

Some of the sounds are actually ok- I actually use the BO100 blues overdrive one cos (surprisingly) it actually sounds pretty good as a boost for my amp's overdrive channel. I've tried a Blues Driver and several tubescreamer tones but I actually prefer the behringer for a blues tone. Most of the overdrive clones seem to be pretty useable though I wouldn't go near the distortions.

The delay is also pretty good and I've heard good things about the VD-1 (hilariously titled "Big Muff" clone) and the PH-1 (which I think is a phase 90 clone). And the EQ seems pretty decent.

Heres a guy getting some pretty good sounds from the blues overdrive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h5p8sokD4Y

to be honest my problem with them is the bypass buffer sucks a hell of a lot of tone when it's off which is annoying. They also eat batteries and the plastic can get pretty annoying sometimes like when replacing batteries.

Suck tone? thanks not good I think its because there made of plastic, also there copys and dont do a bad job, people take a dislike to them, btw that guy on youtube was great.

Only pedal i have had experience is the wah. My bands lead guitarist uses one and ABUSES it. It sounds very good and it has lasted for over a year and a half now, but if i were you, i would save up for a better pedal. Their stompboxes are plastic. PLASTIC.
MY GEAR

Guitars
- Gibson SG Standard(Ebony)
Amps
- Vox AC30
Pedals
- Vox V487A Wah
- SansAmp Classic
- EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
- MadeByMike Custom Overdrive
- HBE Germania 44
Quote by slashfan189
What? Whats possibly better than boss pedals? Ive thrown mine around like hell and they still work . My uncle has a boss tuner from 1986 and it still works perfectly ....

Oh god don't even start. There are plenty of brands better than Boss, but that's not to say Boss is terrible or anything. I could make a pedal that could withstand a small explosion but that won't make it sound good.
to be honest theres not a huge gap in quality between most boss and behringer pedals...
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004
Fender Telecaster Custom 72RI 2009
PEDALZ
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
With the right gear and the right technique you can make almost anything sound good (Rob Chappers MG4 review case in point) but the Behringer pedals overall aren't great. They're fine for beginners but you'll outgrow them very quickly. By the way aren't "Why does everyone hate ______ so much?" threads banned?

Quote by Avedas
Oh god don't even start. There are plenty of brands better than Boss, but that's not to say Boss is terrible or anything. I could make a pedal that could withstand a small explosion but that won't make it sound good.

Vintage Boss pedals are some of the most sought after pedals on the market
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Jan 5, 2010,
OK, 2 things: First, Bugera is actually owned by a company called Red Chip Limited. Behringer is the distributor. Second, except when buying powered speakers/PA systems, AVOID BEHRINGER AT ALL COSTS. I've used their amps, and they suck. I've used their pedals, and they mostly suck (haven't tried them all yet), and I'm pretty confident that I'm the only person here who's ever used their DJ gear, which is actually OK as long as you don't use any of the effects on it or expect it to last.

AVOID BEHRINGER (not bugera. Buy one of those amps. They're awesome.) OR I WILL BE ANGRY!
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
I'm pretty confident that I'm the only person here who's ever used their DJ gear

AVOID BEHRINGER (not bugera. Buy one of those amps. They're awesome.) OR I WILL BE ANGRY!

I've used a lot of their gear...mixers, EQs, noise gates, and power amps. I currently have their rack tuner in my rack...and it works great. Tunes my 6-string bass and my 8-string guitar with no problems.

Their bass gear is pretty terrible, and so are their modelling amps. Like I said, the stompboxes I've tried/owned sounded enough like the Boss pedals to pass. My main problem was their plastic construction.
i duno y ppl hate behringer so much,

Ive got a few behringer pedals myself and i think there great, not one problem, none of them have broken, yeah there made of plastic but the plastic is quite strong and can with stand a bit of a beating

but i will say replacing the batteries in them is a pain in the ass lol

but other then that, id say there great
Gear
Epi Goth Explorer
Schecter Demon 7
Jackson JS30 Rhodes (modded)
Line 6 POD HD500
Roland Cube 60
i bought a behringer phantom power unit for a condenser mic because i was extremely short on cash and was on my way to a recording session and was tight on time. it was a waste of money and time. when my mic is plugged into it, the mic picks up half of what it usually does. ill never buy a behringer product again
Peter Frampton: "Homer Simpson wrecks my pig, Cypress Hill steals my orchestra.... and Sonic Youth is in my cooler! Get outta there you kids!"

Thurston Moore: "Come on Mr. Frampton... you're not gonna eat all that watermelon..."
The plastic ones sound bad and suck tone when youhave them off. The metal ones (VD-1, VP-1, etc) sound pretty good but I still noticed a bad buffer. The plastic ones break easily and even the metal ones have cheap knobs and a really cheap switch. IMO worth saving up and getting one pedal at a time that's nicer than getting a bunch of behringer pedals.
Behringer gear can be hit and miss for the most part, but if you handle their stompboxes with some degree of care, they should last. I have owned quite a few of their products over the years (V-Amp2, two KX1200 keyboard amps, UB802 mixer, three VD1 Vintage Distortions, DR100 Digital Reverb, UF100 Ultra Flanger, NR100 Noise Reducer, EQ700 Graphic Equalizer, VP1 Vintage Phaser, and V-Amp Pro) and only discovered quality control issues with the NR100 and DR100 stompboxes (both of which have been discontinued and replaced with updated models). YMMV.
Quote by Chilli 3000
it will break. quickly most likely. and it wont sound that good, but it might just make you very happy

EDIT!
and EVERYTHING theyve ever made hums like crazy and in nearly cases can not be used live.

Had my VD400 analog delay for a while now. No breakage. And the clips on my profile show no change in tone or humming.

Depends what behringer pedals you buy, some you shouldnt go near, others can be fantastic bargains.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Page 1 of 2