Hey sax players, can you tell me which minor keys are easiest to play in, especially for tenor?

Thanks in advance.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
This should be in MT.

I used to play saxophone for five years. Any key can be simple to play in, it just depends on what jumps and passages you're notating. Mind if you show the notation and key?
В словах есть что-то неприличное.
Quote by Zaphikh
This should be in MT.

I used to play saxophone for five years. Any key can be simple to play in, it just depends on what jumps and passages you're notating. Mind if you show the notation and key?

Well, I heard that sax players really don't like key sigs with sharps in them. They like to read flats instead.

The notation will be transposed.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I play the kazoo. I bring nations to tears
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Quote by Xiaoxi
Well, I heard that sax players really don't like key sigs with sharps in them. They like to read flats instead.

The notation will be transposed.

I can see where that's true. There are alway going to be some exceptions with others preferring sharps over flats but work with the musicians you've got. Just remember not to make giant leaps from extreme ends of the instrument's spectrum in massive repetitions and expect the notes to come through strong and clean (unless if they're virtuosos and used to those sorts of shenanigans. )
В словах есть что-то неприличное.
Since Tenor is a Bb instrument, Bb major, has no sharps of flats. Therefore G min (relative minor) also has no sharps or flats. So, i guess that would be the easiest.
RIG
Guitars:
Fender American Strat
Carvin Bolt
Aria Fa 71
Epiphone Les Paul
Yamaha FG700S

Amps:
Hughes and Kettner Trilogy Half Stack
Marshall MG *hides*

Pedals:
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by Pinto111
A minor

no flats or sharps

A minor for sax does have accidentals though, because sax parts are transposed. A minor for tenor sax is 2 sharps.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by JAZZ_MAN919
Since Tenor is a Bb instrument, Bb major, has no sharps of flats. Therefore G min (relative minor) also has no sharps or flats. So, i guess that would be the easiest.

If its a Bb instrument, then you need to play D major, not Bb Major. Seeing as notes are two halfsteps lower than a C instrument, you have to play the key two halfsteps up *Ex: playing C major concert pitch, youd play D major*
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Quote by Zinnie
EDIT** ^^ Is tenor a Bb instrument? I thought It was Eb. If its a Bb instrument, disregard my post TS

Alto is Eb. Tenor is Bb.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
To Xiaoxi, alright, thanks, ill delete my post to stop confusion haha
Schecter Damien FR
Boss GE-7 EQ
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Tenor sax is a Bb instrument. Concert G minor (aka A minor on the sax) would be easiest. because it's the relative minor to C major, with no sharps or flats. just play all the standard notes on the instrument.
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
Quote by Zaphikh
I can see where that's true. There are alway going to be some exceptions with others preferring sharps over flats but work with the musicians you've got. Just remember not to make giant leaps from extreme ends of the instrument's spectrum in massive repetitions and expect the notes to come through strong and clean (unless if they're virtuosos and used to those sorts of shenanigans. )

I'm writing for a competition so I don't actually know who's playing, so I guess it's better to be on the safe side. Thanks.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by TOcheesehead
Tenor sax is a Bb instrument. Concert G minor (aka A minor on the sax) would be easiest. because it's the relative minor to C major, with no sharps or flats. just play all the standard notes on the instrument.

Bb instruments play two halfsteps above the Concert pitch, not two below. They play B minor (Relative to D major)
Schecter Damien FR
Boss GE-7 EQ
Sigma Dx Acoustic