Poll: Is wearing Bandshirts for bands your not a huge fan of okay?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is wearing Bandshirts for bands your not a huge fan of okay?
yay
74 44%
nay
25 15%
i dont give a flying ****
70 41%
Voters: 169.
Page 1 of 2
Alright so this Christmas i got a number of band shirts (Hendrix, Misfits, Pink Floyd etc.) and naturally i showed up at school wearing my Misfits shirt and my friend (whos a big misfits fan) says i shouldnt be wearing the shirt because im not thatmuch of a Fan, sure i like them but im not really a big fan i just think its a cool shirt. So my question is: Do you thin wearing band shirts for bands your not a big fan of is okay?
Quote by Shaggy_420
^
very nice

- ಠ_ಠ -

Thug aim Say it really quickly
Wear what you want
Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
As long as you like them, why not?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Wearing a Misfits t-shirt is never okay.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
...who cares what other people think wear what you want
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
well giving money to bands you don't really like doesnt make sense. though giving money to wal-mart for one of those shirts makes even less.
Some kid pulled this on me when I wore a Metallica shirt a few years back. He asked if I even knew "what their singer's name is." At the time, I didn't know. Obviously now I know James. But... You know. Made me feel like an idiot.
Your friend is jealous because he/she does not have said shirt. Wear what you like. Unless you know nothing about The Misfits, in that case, do not wear said shirt.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by Cap'n Braid
well giving money to bands you don't really like doesnt make sense. though giving money to wal-mart for one of those shirts makes even less.

Did he ever say he didn't like them?
Wear what you like. Who cares what your friend says, there's no law saying you must be a diehard fan of the band whose shirt you're wearing.
Luck
Our Savior

Quote by burnboy85
where do snails get their shells, anyway?
Quote by crazy8rgood
They make them while they grow. They secrete the substance, I believe.
Quote by Gunpowder
THAT IS SO NEAT

tee hee i changed the shit out of my color scheme
You're doing it wrong.
Quote by eterom11
Yes, it is then!

You are truly a god among men.

Quote by Pancakehead
Dear Scribbllez I Googled it my good sir,
A hearty lol it did stir.

Ending Autumn
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Did he ever say he didn't like them? Besides, that might be the weakest argument ever.

well jooooohnny, he didnt. because if he did like them it would be a moot point, so why address it? plenty of other people have already went that route.
I bought an ACDC hoodie cause it looked sweet.
It was stolen and my mom bought me another one out of pity.
Later, I rebought first hoodie when I saw it in stores again.

In conclusion, I now have 2 ACDC hoodies. I rarely listen to ACDC.

to answer your question, it's fine if you're fine with it.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
This kid sounds like an elitist douchebag:
"You are not worthy of that shirt, because you are not as devoted as I!"
I think he just wants to raise his status by accusing other people of being something more fake or lesser than himself.
Yksinään hän vaeltaa mis' varjot lankeaa
Halki usvan ja roudan vain teräs seuranaan
Sydämensä kylmä on kuin maa routainen
Mutta silmissään viha polttava kuin kiuas tulinen
Quote by Cap'n Braid

I'm pretty sure Wal-Mart doesn't carry Misfits shirts.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Misfits merchandise became a bit of a fashion a while ago with prepubescent goths with too much black eyeliner.

If you're wearing it as a trend that's a bit pathetic in my eyes, a bit like chavs in spangly Rolling Stones or The Who tops.
99% of people who wear misfits, led zeppelin, bob marley, pink floyd, and ramones tees really need to get a good punch in the face

Oh, and people in CBGB shirts, FUCK YOU
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by Cap'n Braid
well jooooohnny, he didnt. because if he did like them it would be a moot point, so why address it? plenty of other people have already went that route.

Then why did you mention it in the first place?
It's a bit stupid if you know nothing about the band. If you've heard some of their songs and like them, fine, but if you're absolutely clueless and you bought it because you liked the colours or whatever you're gonna look a bit daft when asked about it.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Jan 5, 2010,
Quote by freedoms_stain
Misfits merchandise became a bit of a fashion a while ago with prepubescent goths with too much black eyeliner.

If you're wearing it as a trend that's a bit pathetic in my eyes, a bit like chavs in spangly Rolling Stones or The Who tops.

I haven't met any prepubescent goths, since they can't go clubbing and whatnot it kind of makes it hard for them to be part of the scene.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
when i was in 8th grade, i wore a vintage zeppelin shirt to school. Some kid i didnt know came up to me and asked if i could name 5 zeppelin songs. I proceeded by listing every song in led zeppelin's discography. i showed him
Ted: [Whispering to Bill] Your stepmom is cute.
Bill: Shut up, Ted.
Ted: Remember when she was a senior and we were freshmen?
Bill: Shut up, Ted!
Maybe he said that because A LOT of people buy Misfits shirts for the skull, and don't listen to them.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
your friend is a moron.
you should get a shirt with a penis on it. when your friend says "ha wat? dude you dont like penis as much as i do!", it should be really funny
Quote by Kensai
It's a bit stupid if you know nothing about the band. If you've heard some of their songs and like them, fine, but if you're absolutely clueless and you bought it because you liked the colours or whatever you're gonna look a bit daft when asked about it.

Kensai has made sense....finally.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I don't give a flying fuck motherfucker! I don't give a flying fuck motherfucker! I don't give a flying, I don't give a flying, I don't give a flying fuck!

What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Then why did you mention it in the first place?

he said they're gifts. if you jump on the logic train before it leaves the station, you'll see that doesnt mean it's 100% sure he does like them.
It'd be odd if you didn't like the band, but who cares? You wear what you want.

Edit:
Quote by HailSlaytan
This kid sounds like an elitist douchebag:
"You are not worthy of that shirt, because you are not as devoted as I!"
I think he just wants to raise his status by accusing other people of being something more fake or lesser than himself.

This sounds spot on to every person who says someone else can't wear a band shirt.
Last edited by Manimosity at Jan 5, 2010,
Wear what you want and don't let anyone else preach to you what you should and shouldn't wear.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Quote by Twinkey_101
Alright so this Christmas i got a number of band shirts (Hendrix, Misfits, Pink Floyd etc.) and naturally i showed up at school wearing my Misfits shirt and my friend (whos a big misfits fan) says i shouldnt be wearing the shirt because im not thatmuch of a Fan, sure i like them but im not really a big fan i just think its a cool shirt. So my question is: Do you thin wearing band shirts for bands your not a big fan of is okay?

Dude I got a Misfits shirt, Hendrix shirt, and 2 Pink Floyd shirts for Christmas.

And yeah I think it's fine. I'm not a huge Misfits fan either.
It's okay with me. It's not okay with most people who feel the need to call everyone posers.
I don't see why you should be wearing a band t-shirt if you don't like/listen to them that much. You're only spreading it if you wear it.
just dont buy a shirt of a band your going to lose interest in within a few weeks.
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
Quote by Crimson Ghost
when i was in 8th grade, i wore a vintage zeppelin shirt to school. Some kid i didnt know came up to me and asked if i could name 5 zeppelin songs. I proceeded by listing every song in led zeppelin's discography. i showed him

yeah I was wearing a Pink Floyd shirt and this clerk at a store asked me if I was just following the "classic rock" fad or if I could actually name a pink floyd album besides DSOTM.

I named every pink floyd album in order of release. and he just kinda smiled and said alright alright, then I felt kinda like a douche afterward.

EDIT: sorry for dbl post
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
It's "YEA or nay", not yay.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Page 1 of 2