I was at my local guitar shop, and I found this Kramer bass. I think it might be a DMZ 4000.
It was about 500 USD. It was in a pretty great condition with a little bit of a wiring problem, causing it to make scratching noise when the knobs were turned. It had this sticker on it, but it can probably be removed. I liked the sound, though. I have a few questions about it: Are Kramers known for being reliable/long lasting? Was the DMZ series made in America? How much do these usually go for now a days?

It looked like this with a different finish:

Thanks.
Quote by Xp3ns1v3
Everybody and their grandmother plays guitar. True men play bass.

Amen!!

Quote by ifeastonbums
it won't harm the bass, but it will harm the children, and I for one love the children.

I love the children...
I have a 1982 DMZ 6000. One time the thing slipped out of my hand when I was carrying it. It didn't totally fall, but the back end hit the floor. My floor was dented. The bass wasn't even scratched. I wouldn't worry about reliablility.

As for price, I got mine for 650, but its a bit nicer, has PJ pickups, and 6000 is a bit rare. So $500 sounds pretty reasonable.

BTW, one thing to warn you about: be careful changing the E string. I've had it for less than a year, and have been lazy about changing the strings, and I've broken 2 already.

That's not a reason not to get it though. It's a great instrument. Just be very careful
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Alright, thanks for the answers!
Quote by Xp3ns1v3

Amen!!

Quote by ifeastonbums
it won't harm the bass, but it will harm the children, and I for one love the children.

I love the children...
No problem man.

I just realized I didn't answer a couple of your questions

Quote by mmmmm_bass
It was in a pretty great condition with a little bit of a wiring problem, causing it to make scratching noise when the knobs were turned.

Mine does this too. I think its just an inherent flaw in the pots

Quote by mmmmm_bass
Was the DMZ series made in America?

Yes, IIRC
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Its fine actually. I went back for a closer look at the bass and got the rest of my question answered.
Quote by Xp3ns1v3

Amen!!

Quote by ifeastonbums

I love the children...