So i was jamming with my friend yesterday who plays an ibanez xpt700, ( which for the record he just got back from the shop after sitting in its case for two years under his bed because he lost a bunch of pieces for the trem and couldnt figure out how to put it back together.) so when he arrived he asked me to tune his guitar for him because it was out of tune. when i checked the tuning everything was flat a bit which i expected because they were new strings. so i fine tuned it using the tuners on the trem, it held its tune. we sat or instrument down and went to play some modern warfare. when we came back and started to play again it was out of tune again. so i tuned it again using fine tuners. then it went flat again this kept happaning intil i couldnt turn the fine tuners any more. so i screwed the tuners about halfway then took off the lock above the nut and tuned with the tuneing gears. put the lock back on and fine tuned it again, then it went flat again. i was then very disgruntled.

So im not very expierianced with locking trems, im a tune o matic type of guy so does anybody know whats wrong with this thing, Oh and by the way its an edge tremolo i think
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
Quote by travs2448
edge tremolo

not wanting to jump on the bandwagon here...but this is probably the problem. I love Ibanez...but the edge III tremolo is just terrible.

Can you tell us anything else about the guitar? Is the trem installed and setup correctly? (i.e. its not pulled out or sinking back into the body at all is it?)
It's because you haven't worn the strings in yet. Run your fingers along the fretboard under the strings a bit to stretch them out and retune, repeat, and try again.
Probably stating the obvious, but with new strings you gotta stretch them out before they hold their turning. Usually it works to bend them and retune them until they no longer fall out of tuning.
Quote by eyebanez333
not wanting to jump on the bandwagon here...but this is probably the problem. I love Ibanez...but the edge III tremolo is just terrible.

Can you tell us anything else about the guitar? Is the trem installed and setup correctly? (i.e. its not pulled out or sinking back into the body at all is it?)

no the trem looked almost perfectly flat with the body, i even checked the springs and they looked fine, but would the strings really need to stretch that badly that they go out of tune in under a minute?
Quote by travs2448

Quote by diceksox1809

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6

Quote by jpatan
Quote by travs2448
no the trem looked almost perfectly flat with the body, i even checked the springs and they looked fine, but would the strings really need to stretch that badly that they go out of tune in under a minute?

if you've repeated this process a couple times already...the strings should be broke in fine unless you were just playing open notes the hole time

you could try that I guess...unlock the nut, bend the **** out of the strings (up towards you, back towards the floor)...retune, relock, re-fine tune, and see if it goes flat again.
Quote by eyebanez333
if you've repeated this process a couple times already...the strings should be broke in fine unless you were just playing open notes the hole time

you could try that I guess...unlock the nut, bend the **** out of the strings (up towards you, back towards the floor)...retune, relock, re-fine tune, and see if it goes flat again.

ok i will try that, this is why i personally dont like locking trems or any trems for that matter, although they are cool to mess around with
Quote by travs2448

Quote by diceksox1809

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6

Quote by jpatan
Quote by travs2448

In a word? Yes.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?