First off, i have an edge 3 on my guitar and my action is too high for me. When i tried lowering my action, every fret had buzz on it. I tried retuning but i cant think of why this would happen. Does anybody know?
but its not even low, its like in the middle of high and low. And not nearly as low as my epi les paul
You'll have to bear in mind that generally, guitars with vibrato bridges can't have their action as low as hardtail guitars. Also, guitars with flatter fretboards will need to have more even action across all the strings, which can sometimes look as though it's hgiher than the same action on a more curved fretboard.

Also, a lot of people seem to have an unrealistic idea of what 'high' and 'low' action are. Pluck a string - look at the distance downwards (and upwards) that it vibrates. On the lower strings it's often as much as a couple of millimetres. Now, unless you want a lot of fretbuzz, you're going to have to set your strings high enough so that when the string is vibrating like this, no part of it touches the fretwire. Take into account too that when you fret a string, it will then start lower than if it was open - meaning you have to raise it further. A lot of people - metal and hard rock players especially - seem to be under the misconception that 'low' action means having your strings almost resting on the fretwire. It's not, 'low' action just means the strings are at the very minimum distance from the top of the fretwire to not cause any audible fretbuzz. This actual low action can still be several millimetres from the fretwire, let alone fretboard.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
thanks for your reply mr.flibble, but then how to guitarists with trems on there guitars play so smoothly? Like on my epiphone with low action it sounds like it flows so much better than when i play my ibanez. It seems like I play smoother
Quote by AC/DCfan93
thanks for your reply mr.flibble, but then how to guitarists with trems on there guitars play so smoothly? Like on my epiphone with low action it sounds like it flows so much better than when i play my ibanez. It seems like I play smoother

Seems like your brain and hands are trained more for the epi. Ifthats the case you need to adjust your playing for the ibanez. the actioncan ease things for you for sure but if you take the time and train your brain and hands to work with the higher action you'll be able to play it just as smooth as the lp. Do a lot of finger walking exersizes on the ibanez. You just need to make that adjustment with your hands and brain toccope with the difference in string hight. If you dot take the time it's not going to happen
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
It is indeed basically just as a case of "get used to it". That's one of the conditions of using a Floyd or other floating vibrato bridge - you gain the ability to do all the full-range whammy bar antics, but you lose the ability to do unison bends in tune and general playing is going to be a little tougher unless your technique is really spot-on. Of course there are plenty of people who use double locking bridge systems who play at mind-blowingly fast speeds with expert precision and smoothness, but those people tend to be those that have been playing guitar since they were three weeks old and have practised for years on vibrato-equipped instruments. It's not something you can pick up and handle right away. Give it time and you'll get used to it.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.