I was chatting with my grandpa earlier about guitars and he said he had heard something about Fender possibly being bought out. Have you guys heard anything about this? Is it just another silly rumor?
Blue Red Yellow Green
Quote by sashki
Haven't heard this rumour. Interesting to see who would buy Fender. Would have to be some really big company. Like Sony.

I hope it isn't true because he said it might be a Chinese company
Blue Red Yellow Green
It's probably a load of bullshit. Fender was sold to CBS in 1965, and then bought out by the employees in 1985, but I doubt it will happen again. The first was because CBS offered Leo $13 million, and the second was initiated by the head of CBS, because profit was declining due to the lower quality instruments CBS was producing, so like I said, I don't see a buyout in Fender's future, especially from a Chinese company. I just don't think Fender would have it, as the instruments would probably stop being manufactured in the USA and Mexico, and produced solely in China.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by sashki

It's all falling into place...
The world's next big superpower is on its way.

NOOOOOO!
Blue Red Yellow Green
I'm a total economics idiot, but I don't see why Fender would be bought out in the near future. They're an established name and people will buy their guitars for as long as guitar music is around. Besides, with the whole "indie" movement we've seen over the past decade, everyone's playing Telecasters.

Despite what old people are saying, the quality of their current instruments isn't all that bad (at least from what I've seen, although I haven't tried any vintage ones), and while they haven't really brought anything new to the table in years, they still have a wide range of products at reasonable prices (unlike SOME PEOPLE) as well as a high demand from the consumers.

Plus, Squier are really popular.
i really can't see this. unless they're selling a section of the company. they might be selling jackson, or even squier or gretsch. they own ovation, hamer, and charvel too. there are lots of possibilities for a sale, but i think they're all kind of unlikely.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
There's nothing about a potential Fender sale in the business trades. This would be a hell of a time to purchase a company like Fender, what with the economy in the crapper. Besides, it is doing well and I doubt that the present consortium that owns it would let it go. But you never know.
The gretsch name is not owned by fender it is owned by fred gretsch. They have a mutual agreement so that fender manufacturers and distributes gretsch.