Hi,

I need a looping pedal with which I can play a riff a couple times, have it keep repeating in a loop, but then I also want the ability to pause the loop and start it later on in the song without actually having to save the loop in the pedal before starting the song.

I have been looking at the Boss RC-2, RC-20XL and the Digitech JamMan Looper but I'm not sure whether any of these will allow me to pause a loop track and start it again without saving it.
It seems like most of these only let you either play/pause a stored riff, but if its a riff you just started to loop you can only either stop it and record a new one, or overdub over it. However I'm not sure of this since I don't actually have any experience with the pedals.

Does anyone know of a looping pedal that's under $300 which will let me pause and play a riff that I just put in a loop?

Thanks
I have the Rc20-XL. It's probably the greatest thing music-wise that I've ever bought. It does allow you to stop the loop and then continue it later on, it saves a temporary copy of it until you decide to erase it entirely and start a new loop. I got mine off amazon for about 189$ and it was totally worth it..
well dont know about any loop pedals that u can stop the loop and then resart it again but i just got the Boss digatal Delay DD7 and it does many types of delay, reverse and loops. its 200$. to do the loop u set the nobe on loop then wen u want it to start recording u push the pedal button and the lights blink then hit the button again and it will begin to loop, it can record up to 40 sec of something.
LOVE THE PEDAL!!!!!!!!
haha my Boss DD-7 is already the mail :P

But I'd like the ability to use delay on a loop as well as be able to start/stop it so I've decided to get a seperate looping pedal.
If the RC-20XL can do that then it seems like my best bet since I've always liked Boss pedals.

Thanks for your help!
Yeah, I've got a RC-20XL. Excellent pedal. The "guide" click thing is total shit, but it's not really necessary. It's easy enough to quantize.
Quote by Rungej
I have the Rc20-XL. It's probably the greatest thing music-wise that I've ever bought. It does allow you to stop the loop and then continue it later on, it saves a temporary copy of it until you decide to erase it entirely and start a new loop. I got mine off amazon for about 189$ and it was totally worth it..

I was just reading the online manual for the RC-20XL and since it didn't specify exactly I was hoping you could clear it up for me....

The manual says that you press the left pedal (or auto start) to begin recording a loop and press the left pedal again when you want the loop to start repeating.

Then it says that you can either press the left pedal again to overdub or the right pedal to stop the playback.

However, it doesn't say which pedal you would press after to start the same loop again.

Can you please clear this up for me before I commit to spending the money on the pedal?
look into boomerang loopers

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

I got the Boss RC-2 for XMas. I absolutely love it! It's a great jamming pedal, but from what I hear the RC-20 is better suited if you're bringing the pedal on stage. I don't think you can pause the recording option and pick it up later. You can record something, then record over it adding in different parts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpUJP7N0TlA

Wow, I want one of these. If you watch the video, very close to the end (about 2:29) he double taps the pedal, does a little lick, and then clicks it again and all his sounds kick back into actions. Seemed like a pause to me. I don't know the specifics though.
That's exactly what I was looking for!
Thanks a lot bud, you just save me about $90