Page 1 of 3
OK, I know the Humanity has a long ass thread about songs you must know, but with all due respect, I don't like it.
I want to know everyone's favorite bass lines. Because I really don't want to go through all those songs and Youtube them only to find I don't like them. I want somebody's favorite bass line because then it means something to somebody. =)
I really don't care what genre it is as long as its your favorite bass line.

Some of mine are "Sad Sad Song by MxPX, "My Generation" By The Who (Of course), "Battlestar Schralatchtica" by Incubus, and "Schism" By Tool.

Thanks in advance. =D
East Lansing High School
Class of 2013

Loading Haters
████████████████]
99% Complete
Last edited by aaron_masta at Jul 18, 2010,
right now i think mine would have to be soul to squeeze by the red hot chili peppers. not really sure why, i just find it incredibly fun
1. "Only In Dreams" by Weezer. Simple, but the climax is ****ing amazing to rock out to. Very emotional song for me.
2. "Death of a Martian" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Same kind of thing as Only In Dreams.
3. "Ants Marching" by the Dave Matthews Band. Just a general feel-good and fun song to play.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Quote by lkngro
1. "Only In Dreams" by Weezer. Simple, but the climax is ****ing amazing to rock out to.

+1
Gear :
Ibanez GWB35 Gary Willis signature
Ibanez SR700 CN
Epiphone Thunderbird Pro IV

Marshall MB4410
Choir Of Spirits by Obscura
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2_zQAw2zRg
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
John the fisherman by Primus
Schism by Tool
Southbound Pachyderm by Primus
Anarchy in he UK by Sex Pistols
HAVE A NICE DAY!

[IMG]http://www.bdcwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/cactus_jack_photostudio_by_windows8osx-d51sqcw.jpg[/IMG]
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
Pink Floyd - Money
Slayer - Abolish Government/Superficial Love
Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
Judas Priest - All Guns Blazing
Pretty Maids - Back To Back
Wolfmother - Joker and the Thief
Quote by Heilz
When backstage and talkin to the ladies i always go with the ¨Mines is bigger than theirs¨ argument as me bro holds hes guitar and i take out my bass... It works wonders @,@

Gear list:
Squire Affinity P-Bass
Ashdown Mag300 Evo II
Boss ODB-3
BTBAM- Selkies: The Endless Obsession
The Fall of Troy- Cut Down All The Trees and Name The Streets After Them
Lamb of God- Laid to Rest

My 3 current favourites
What's wrong with the thread we already have? It's not even that long (only five pages if you have your post # set to 50) and it has a lot of great songs for people to check out.

Also this: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=540804&page=1&pp=20
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Last edited by Metalology at Jan 6, 2010,
Forty Six & 2 by Tool
Southbound Pachyderm by Primus
Hysteria by Muse
Tire Me by Rage Against the Machine
Would be Alice in Chains
Orion by Metallica. It's perfect. Not one note in that song can be changed on bass. Flawless. From the distorted chords that start the song right through the excellent mid section through the distorted solo and out the other side. Excellence in a bassline.

Hysteria by Muse a close second.
To Bid You Farewell by Opeth

I'm currently learning it on my fretless.
I am me. Live with it.
Aeroplane - RHCP, Schism - Tool. always my favorite ones to play.
Music Man Stingray 4 Vintage Burst.
Ampeg BA115
Schism by tool is an epic win.
thanks all for the suggestions!
East Lansing High School
Class of 2013

Loading Haters
████████████████]
99% Complete
Mudvayne - Not Falling
Mudvayne - Dig

Pretty much any Mudvayne
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
I'm sorry, but I really have to say:

Metallica - My Friend of Misery

The intro line is just... beautiful! Plus it's so fun to play, in my opinion. And please, don't even start the "Woah, Metallica fanboy!", "He sucks, he plays/played with a pick!" or the "Screw Jason, Cliff was best!". I'm not a typical Metallica fanboy, but I really enjoyed when Jason was with them. Maybe their records sucked, but their live shows were awesome, thanks to him. I bow in your honor, Jason Newsted. lol.

There's also:
Dizzy Mizz Lizzy - Glory

I don't think many of you know them, but they were a danish 3-piece rock band in the early 90's. Give them a listen, it's good music!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-p0_hq1UFk

And:
Between the Buried and Me - Backwards Marathon

Just an epic song really. Starts heavy, later slowing down to a part where the bass along with the drums carry the song. Then turns out to epicness. I love that song!
The metric system, bro, the metric system.
Quote by TheIrishPatriot
Have sex to Colors. Warning: You may never feel as epic ever again.
Hmm, can't really narrow it down to one fairly, but...Dark Shines or Muscle Museum by Muse.
Last edited by edgeyyz at Jan 8, 2010,
Quote by test1cles
I'm sorry, but I really have to say:

Metallica - My Friend of Misery

The intro line is just... beautiful! Plus it's so fun to play, in my opinion. And please, don't even start the "Woah, Metallica fanboy!", "He sucks, he plays/played with a pick!" or the "Screw Jason, Cliff was best!". I'm not a typical Metallica fanboy, but I really enjoyed when Jason was with them. Maybe their records sucked, but their live shows were awesome, thanks to him. I bow in your honor, Jason Newsted. lol.

There's also:
Dizzy Mizz Lizzy - Glory

I don't think many of you know them, but they were a danish 3-piece rock band in the early 90's. Give them a listen, it's good music!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-p0_hq1UFk

And:
Between the Buried and Me - Backwards Marathon

Just an epic song really. Starts heavy, later slowing down to a part where the bass along with the drums carry the song. Then turns out to epicness. I love that song!

Nice to see some Newsted love. He's pretty underrated and one of my biggest influences.Some of my favorites-King Nothing by Metallica and Countdown to Extinction by Megadeth
Bouree - Jethro Tull

Journey to the East End of the Bay - Rancid, has always been a mainstay with me as well
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Longview is my favorite at the moment. Or the nifty little bass solo in Mara and Me by sy anything I'm tabbing up at the moment.

Quote by Tearcon10

Schism by Tool

I never saw anything in that song. Everyone says it's so fun to play, but that rhythm is just. Too deep for me? heh..
Plus I don't really like tool.
Quote by aaron_masta
OK, i know the Humanity has a long ass thread about songs you must know, but with all due respect, i don't like it.

OH NO HE DIDN'T!!!!!!!

*head bob*

:P

I Will Possess Your Heart- Death Cab For Cutie
Sober- Tool
Sunshine Of Your Love- Cream
Politician- Cream
St. John- Cold War Kids
Unnatural Selection- Muse
Southbound Pachyderm- Primus
Running With The Devil- Van Halen

I like these one's.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I love to do slap-and-pop for the verses of Can't Stop, and I also love the bassline's to Californication and Reptilia.
Snow (Hey Oh) by Red hot Chili peppers
Carousel by Blink 182 ( just the intro solo )
Quote by el-Supremo
Clear the Lane- Rage Against the Machine

Great choice!

I'm going to say Hysteria by Muse, although to be honest I could say any bass line by Chris Wohlstenholme. That guy is great (from my non-bass playing point of view ).
I can't think of a signature.
Sinister Minister has a pretty cool opening bass line. Let's groove tonight, and a lot of EW&F as well.
I know these arn't the most difficult to play but some of my favorites are: (in random order)
Ozzy Osbourne's No More Tears
Megadeth's Peace Sells
Metallica's The God That Failed
Black Sabbath's N.I.B.
Stevie Ray Vaughan's Crossfire
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
I know these arn't the most difficult to play but some of my favorites are: (in random order)
Ozzy Osbourne's No More Tears
Megadeth's Peace Sells
Metallica's The God That Failed
Black Sabbath's N.I.B.
Stevie Ray Vaughan's Crossfire
No More Tears was one of the first things I learned to play (the verse to it); I love that little riff.
1. Chic- Good Times
2. Queen- Another One Bites the Dust
3. Pleasure - Glide
4. Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
5. Pink Floyd - Money
i love playing Seek and Destroy-Metallica even though its not that audible i love playing it and listening to it.Seriously never ever gets old for me.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Page 1 of 3