Page 1 of 2
Do they listen to the type of music you listen to, or different?
My friends listen mostly to R&B which causes lots of arguments between me and them
Lots of stuff, I don't choose friends because of what they listen to. And I never talk music with them because I don't know what they'll be talking about and they won't know what I'm talking about 90% of the time.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
mine listen to all those popular rock bands...
aka justmixit106

___∕TT˥__╦
╘─ʘ──ʘ─╜
vroom vroom
All my friends listen to PolkaCore bands.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Loads of stuff. I don't just chose friends who only like a certain type of music.

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
Well. How do I explain this.

I have a group of friends who are insane Lady Gaga fans, they call themselves the Gagarazzis and sing Lady Gaga songs whenever they can. They're all guys, by the way, so it makes them look strange. >_>

Another group of friends listen to metalcore, death metal and metal in general. They reckon Bring Me The Horizon are the heaviest band out there and they also idolize Slipknot.

Some of my other mates listen to all kinds of music, but mostly what's playing on the radio.

A few of them listen to some of the stuff I like. Most of them are into hardcore though, which i hate.
Sail upon the open skies
Mostly metal.. But some of my "gangsta" friends listen to hardcore rap.. horrible
Scale

The
Summit

Originally Posted by Guitarbaddie
Dude, she's like 12, what is wrong with you?

Originally Posted by RockGuitar92
You're the one who came on her face.

Everything from pop to metal. Same as me. I seem to be the only one that digs mathcore though.
One listens to 80's rock, one listens to shitty pop metal, one listens to bands like Blink-182 and Taking Back Sunday, a few listen to 311, one listens to stuff like Linkin Park and Rise Against, and a few others listen to RHCP.
Most of my good friends are big classic rock fans.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by chaoticfables
Well. How do I explain this.

I have a group of friends who are insane Lady Gaga fans, they call themselves the Gagarazzis and sing Lady Gaga songs whenever they can. They're all guys, by the way, so it makes them look strange. >_>

Another group of friends listen to metalcore, death metal and metal in general. They reckon Bring Me The Horizon are the heaviest band out there and they also idolize Slipknot.

Some of my other mates listen to all kinds of music, but mostly what's playing on the radio.

Does not compute.

All of my friends listen to one of 3 things: Rap/R&B, Pop, or showtunes(most of my friends are in the threater/performing arts, and I'm in stage crew, so by the end of the musicals, I know every song inside out and backwards). But I usually listen to death or black metal, so You can tell that I don't pick friends based on music. I would, however, pick a girlfriend based on it.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by smartalec007
Does not compute.

I would, however, pick a girlfriend based on it.

I listen to thrash and death metal and to me green day is close enough
Metal, progressive, rock. Some like punk. Some like radio music
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by smartalec007
Does not compute.

They idolize Slipknot, yeah. But that doesn't stop them from listening to 8 Foot Sativa, Children of Bodom and Dethklok.
A lot of them like that emo/ screamo crap which some of its pretty good.. like BMTH is koo..
other than that they listen to varieties of things.
Moat of my friends listen to rap or pop. I personally listen to rap when I have to and only certain rappers. I hate all forms of modern pop. I usually listen to metal of any variety except industrial.
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Fender Sidekick 25 Reverb
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W
My close friends are pretty much my band mates. Keyboardist listens to jazz and pink floyd and umphrey's mcgee, bass player listens to bluegrass and indie rock and Phish, drummer listens to RX Bandits and punk, trombone listens to progressive metalcore ska and hip hop, saxophone listens to jazz.
most of my friends listen to metal. but a few of them listen to shitty metalcore which causes some arguments
Linkin Park, Cobra Starship, Boys like Girls, etc.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
all of my friends looooove grindcore.

it. ****ing. sucks.
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quite a few are into metal, but some listen to alternative stuff and a few listen to hip hop.
My friends seem to feed off of what im listening to at the time. Ive learned that if i want to keep any sort of unique like in music i have to feed them the scraps.
Well... got a lot of ska fans for friends. The friends I used to have, anyway. Classic rock, hard rock, and metal were also pretty prevalent. Also had one friend into Tokio Hotel. Like, heavily. It bothered me. At the time...
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Last edited by sadSTATUE at Jan 6, 2010,
I have like no friends that listen to the same stuff I do.

Most of my friends listen to like 90's "mainstream grunge", today's rock, christian rock, and classic rock.
A fair few of my friends share the same musical taste as myself or have a good taste in music. But most of them listen to mainstream, and in one case pirate metal.
Quote by Spartan070sarge
Rubixcuba. I like that.

Quote by Fenderhippie69
Orange amps FTW!
i can't really group my friends like that since i'm not friends with people who restrict themselves to an easily classifiable genre of music. i'm friends with people who value diversity in music.

/snob
Everything.
Jazz, pop, pop-punk, pop-rock, rock, all kinds of metal, blues...
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
mostly metal, metalcore stuff
so i dont know what theyre talking about when they talk abouts bands and shit
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Don't know and don't really care.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I have my group of close friend who listen to alot of indie rock, jazz, and hip hop. I have other not so close friends whose taste varies from alt-rock to radio-friendly rock to hip hop to thrash and death metal
Gear:
PRS SE Custom
Takamine G Series Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Digitech RP 250

Quote by voodoochild23
The only time I'll dance is if Nickelback caught fire and no one helped.
All types but its funny how you think someone might have good or similar tastes based on their personality and they like the worst crap you can imagine.
Quote by Tempoe
All types but its funny how you think someone might have good or similar tastes based on their personality and they like the worst crap you can imagine.

this
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
My friends are pretty diverse. I have one who I only thought she liked that jerking crap or whatever, and found out she likes Slayer.

So I must say, I have fvcking weird friends.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Page 1 of 2