Hey guys, title says it.. Right now I have a Digitech Bad Monkey that I like, but I'm looking for some more quality, I know it's a pretty budget pedal and it's nice.. But I feel like I'm putting water in my Ferrari (Mesa Roadster).

I liked how the Maxon 808 sounded but I made a thread earlier and all people talked about is how it's cheaply made now, so I'm open to suggestions.

I'll be buying on eBay, if I can find it, and around $100.
Thanks in advance & Godbless
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
how about the Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive. It's pretty awesome. If I were you I wouldn't pay attention to the price tag of the pedal. If you like the sound that's all that matters.
Quote by Chad11491
how about the Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive. It's pretty awesome. If I were you I wouldn't pay attention to the price tag of the pedal. If you like the sound that's all that matters.

I do like it, but like I said I think there's more quality out there.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

If you're can solder, you could get an Ibanez TS9 and mod it to TS808 specs.

Also maybe check out the Dano Transparent OD? I've heard lots of people say it's better than the Bad Monkey. Not sure just how true that is, though.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Chad11491

I second this pedal for its great build and versatility. I played with it at the store but I forget what the switch actually said in the middle of it. I think one side was classic but I forgot what you could switch it to. There is a wide range of tones you can produce with it and it is only $100 brand new. These Hardwire pedals are Digitech's new flagship type line of pedal effects.

TS I love your analogy with the water and Ferrari! Keep rockin!
Last edited by Supermansdead81 at Jan 6, 2010,
The Hardwire is a good choice

I can also recommend an MXR GT-OD. Kind of like a TS9 on steroids, with a much more useful tone knob.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Quote by Raijouta
If you're can solder, you could get an Ibanez TS9 and mod it to TS808 specs.

Also maybe check out the Dano Transparent OD? I've heard lots of people say it's better than the Bad Monkey. Not sure just how true that is, though.

I use the Transparent OD. I believe it's a clone of a Timmy? I could be wrong, it's been a while since I studied up on it. Anyways, to the point, despite it being a relatively cheap pedal, I absolutely love it. It is an amazing boost, and I'd try one out if you ge tthe chance in case you don't need to spend $100.

The only other OD pedal I have much experience with is the Fulltone Fulldrive II, which I liked quite a bit, but it's been a while since I owned one and can't distinctly remember how it sounded as a boost.
All of our days are numbered
I’ve taken some comfort
In knowing the wave has crested
Knowing I don’t have to be an exception
I don't know if I liked how the Hardwire sounded compared to the Maxon. =\
Maybe it's just youtube.

The Maxon OD808 is a really nice pedal. I used a Ts-9 before hand, and it sounded similar

/.02 cents
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by InfiniteRain
I use the Transparent OD. I believe it's a clone of a Timmy? I could be wrong, it's been a while since I studied up on it. Anyways, to the point, despite it being a relatively cheap pedal, I absolutely love it. It is an amazing boost, and I'd try one out if you ge tthe chance in case you don't need to spend $100.

The Dano Cool Cats are absolutely immense, their OCD clone is spot on.
I was going to recommend an xotic BB preamp/Booster as in my opinion it's the cream of the crop when it comes to overdrives/distortion pedals!

However in your budget i prefer the TS9
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
most mesa recto / mark users will recommend an xotic effects pedal for od. A majority of them recommending the BB preamp. gonna be hard to find one for 100 bucks though. Prolly swing one used for around 130-140.

edit: ^ what he said.
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X
Michael Kelly Patriot Custom

Effects:
Too Many to list.
Last edited by bob vila at Jan 6, 2010,
Quote by Madsalty
I was going to recommend an xotic BB preamp/Booster as in my opinion it's the cream of the crop when it comes to overdrives/distortion pedals!

However in your budget i prefer the TS9

I own both a Xotic BB+ and a HardWire CM-2.

For $100 you can't really beat the CM-2 IMO. Sounds great, it's build solid and has true bypass.

If you are willing to spend a little more on a BB Preamp I don't think you'll be disappointed in the least.
I think I'm between the Hardwire and the Maxon 808, I like them and they are right in what I want to spend.

Well for what it's worth the HardWire is modeled on the 808 but it has true-bypass and a full EQ. That's why I picked it over the Maxon and I couldn't be happier.