To the point where you get depressed and want to give up cause you think your horrible even when you practice a good 10 hours a day and youve been playing for years
Quote by sticksause
I have balls, so no.

Win!!
flintazra wrote:

I think the next person to shoot up a school should list Jonas brothers and Hannah Montana as his favorite "musicians."
That's so not metal.
There's danger on the edge of town,
Ride the king's highway baby

you better start acting like a goddamn man and stop whining. are you a metalhead or a pussy? metalheads never give up

was that motivating?
I'M A COWBOY
Happens to me when I'm sing opera, damn those low notes.

Edit:
I don't have balls, so no.
2010's Sexiest Female Uger

Last edited by FreakAddiction at Jan 5, 2010,
no, no I don't
Quote by UtBDan

You in particular? I want you to **** off and die.
I just get stressed when something's wrong with my instrument; I hate when my equipment fails me.
grow a pair, and grow the **** up. no i dont, and if you do, then simple solution: practice harder, get better.
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Hell no, guitar is such a stress relief for me. Sorry.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
I'm stressed as about my tone. Sounds great in my room then I get to the stage with the rest of the band and it sounds like crap. Just did 3 hours of tone tweaking on a stage this morning, and still not happy. Spose its ok to be stressed if your a bit of a perfectionist.
Gear
Hamer Standard XT
1963 Burns Split Sonic
Boss DD-7 (w/ Tap switch)
BAJA Real Tube Overdrive
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech Whammy IV
Boss TU-2
Vox AD50VTXL
You must not be enjoying what you play if it's not giving you satisfaction. If you're trying to do the hard stuff first, I wouldn't. Guitar playing should be treated like stairs, one foot in front of the other.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Hell no, guitar is such a stress relief for me. Sorry.

Yeah, this.
So basically the opposite.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Quote by Schism1985
See unlike you, most of us aren't insecure about the size of our penises.

LOL
I'M A COWBOY
Quote by ieatu
You must not be enjoying what you play if it's not giving you satisfaction. If you're trying to do the hard stuff first, I wouldn't. Guitar playing should be treated like stairs, one foot in front of the other.

true that.

my guitar nevewr stresses me out.
Yes, there are times when I'm trying too hard to branch out and I realize, "What the **** am I playing right now?" A good ol' fashioned blues jam usually helps get me back to normal.

I have to learn some more advanced theory, this is driving me crazy. Funnily enough, if I listen to jazz, I can usually use more exotic scales a bit more successfully while playing along, but I haven't listened to jazz in ages.

In generally, I feel very good while I'm playing guitar. I really wouldn't do it if I didn't get this feeling of absolute fuck-all whilst playing.
Last edited by thewho65 at Jan 5, 2010,
Quote by thewho65
Yes, there are times when I'm trying too hard to branch out and I realize, "What the **** am I playing right now?" A good ol' fashioned blues jam usually helps get me back to normal.

I have to learn some more advanced theory, this is driving me crazy.

If you feel that way, take it one step at a time(I know I'm sounding like an annoying mother here but o well. :p)
If you have some money, get a teacher who knows their stuff. That's usually exciting.
Never. There's never any long term frustration. There are times where I'll be like, "**** this, time to take a break. . . for a couple of hours." And then I'm back to it.
The playground of the world
If i get like that i just put it down. I won't play the thing if i don't enjoy, but luckily i LOVE playing

i always said the day i stop enjoying guitar is the day i'll stop playing it, and that day doesn't appear to be coming any time soon
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
yes, I work hard to be good at what I do, and I feel I've really plateaued as of late, but I know if i stick it out I'll get better
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
when i was really new to playing guitar i know i would get frustrated sometimes, but i cant remember any specific instances of getting mad because of playing guitar.

a couple years back i would write songs that were way too hard for me to play, and they still are tbh. that stressed me out because i couldnt play them live worth a shit.

ive moved past that though and now guitar is nothing but enjoyment and expression
Quote by Eddie4President
Never. There's never any long term frustration. There are times where I'll be like, "**** this, time to take a break. . . for a couple of hours." And then I'm back to it.

This
Whenever I feel I'm getting no further on bass, I go back to just improving the hell out of my technique. Seems to do the trick.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
I have it sometimes when everything just sounds rubbish, when i'm not in the zone, but not very often, although i get really frustrated with piano, its not my main instrument but i still get angry at it.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Playing guitar when it frustrates you would surely completely defeat the idea. Sometimes i get a bit annoyed if i can't do a certain song or passage but you just have to persevere.

Is it bad that the only thing in life i've ever persevered with is my guitar. Succesfully persevered with that is.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Maybe 10 hours a day is too much? The muscles in your arm that work your fingers probably get tired, therefore you cant play stuff as well as you normally could, and you think you sound horrible?
Call me Matthew.