So recently I sold both my Ibanez S520 and my Epi LP JR, and now am officially out of guitars to use. I also quit my band, so I have no rush to get it, but saving money isn't going to happen because I'm going on a cruise and also need to save for a car.

ANYWHO. My budget is $500, and I will go used. I'm going to be playing mostly in Drop C and B, stuff like August Burns Red, We Came As Romans, The Word Alive, and Greeley Estates. I'd only like string through or fixed bridge, and if possible, EMG's.

I'm currently looking at a Schecter Hellraiser Tempest, and a Schecter C-1 Elite (I absolutely love the amber finish). But other than those 2, I'm stuck on what I should look for.

Any suggestions?

Oh, I'll be playing it through a Peavey 5150 and an Avatar 4x12 with V30's.

Thanks.
This is our last chance.
You may have missed the thread for the new 2010 Ibanez line then. I hope you got to see it but if you didn't then you need to search for it and look through it. It was posted yesterday in a few threads actually. There will be a new line called RGD's with a longer scale neck than a normal RG at 25.5". The new RGD's will have a scale of 26.5" which would be good for drop C since the brochure says it will be set up in D standard from the factory I believe. I think they had 2 with either edge or zero type trems and a couple with fixed bridges. I know these aren't Schecters but you said there was no hurry in a decision at this moment and these are coming soon enough from Ibanez and looked interesting to me. Good luck!
I'd doubt the RGD's will be available for under 500. TS if you really don't mind then going used would be a good idea and you might want to look for the used RGA121 they are discontinued so you might be able to get one used for cheap.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
I'd doubt the RGD's will be available for under 500. TS if you really don't mind then going used would be a good idea and you might want to look for the used RGA121 they are discontinued so you might be able to get one used for cheap.

True that but you never know. It might be 2011 before they come out with cheaper RGD's. They might just wait to see how well the initial ones do before expanding the line.

There seems to be a fairly expanded RGA line for this year also if you want something new but look at what this guy recommended in the used range.

Ibanez is going to have a good line this year and here's the link for the brochure if you, TS, haven't seen it yet:

http://meinldistribution.com/fileadmin/medien/Kat_PRL2010/Ibanez_Katalog_E_2010.pdf
Oops all the RGD's had trems on the brochure. Sorry but these are new to me as well as everyone else.