I know there's lots of Spider hate through these parts, but I just got my head in and went out and got this cab and after not having an amp for a year+ (been playing through a toneport or just unplugged or not at all when I didn't have a guitar for a few months) I'm very, very excited.

Playing is sloppy as I'm still building my chops back up to par, but I've got some tones picked out.

Tone Set-up
The Clarion Call - Solo(unfortunately) music project

GEAR:
ESP/LTD EC-1000 in Dark Cherry
Line 6 Spider Valve MkII 100W Head
MESA 2x12 Rectifier Cab @ 140W

Chances are, I will lurk your profile.
the spider valves are great amps.

its the spider III and IV you have to watch out for
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
Well HNAD/HNCD!

I bet it feels good to play that thing after toneport/silent playing

Sounds pretty good, what volume did you record at? And was it the camera's mic?
/rig
Amp setup cost me just over a grand. Bought the head used from Musician's Friend on Christmas day when they were having some epic sale, cost me 700 after tax and shipping, and then the cab I bought today for 350. Very, very happy with everything right now, haha.

EDIT: Yeah, camera mic, hence all the static and whatnot, I'll probably do something similar tomorrow but with more distance between the cab and the mic. Just couldn't get it to pick up the low end right when it was too far away. Master is baareelly under 3 (6PM, living with parentals), so once again, probably gonna re-record tomorrow. Was just too excited to not share.
The Clarion Call - Solo(unfortunately) music project

GEAR:
ESP/LTD EC-1000 in Dark Cherry
Line 6 Spider Valve MkII 100W Head
MESA 2x12 Rectifier Cab @ 140W

Chances are, I will lurk your profile.
Last edited by theclarioncall at Jan 5, 2010,
Congrats for the great amp and super cab. I'd love to hear this when you get a better recording setup because I know it has to sound better in your shoes. Have fun!
Sounds good, although you were playing with the volume really low. I'd like to hear that amp turned up to see how well it stays together. I also know how great that cab can sound when it's loudly crunching, thumping and woofing away.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by williamdllr
its the spider II and III you have to watch out for

The IVs are much better then the I/II/III models.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2