Page 1 of 4
I live with my parents so Im pretty much broke, never had a real job worked under my dad my whole life, he owns a recycling department and makes about 150k a year(correction), his job is dirty and hard as hell I hate being there, but it gets the bills paid

so its all work/school now, and I have no career plans, and I dont want to take over my fathers business because I hate it

how are you guys living/hows your financial status
Last edited by Kid Lucas at Jan 5, 2010,
300k a year? thats insane. my parents make maybe 50-70k a year. im pretty well off id say
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
.....I'm doing okay I guess. I hope to be an author some day, trying to write a book. That's really the only career plan that I can see making me happy.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
both parents together make about 40k (canadian). Though my moms out of the job this year, so less.
Quote by Kid Lucas
I live with my parents so Im pretty much broke, never had a real job worked under my dad my whole life, he owns a recycling department and makes about 300k a year, his job is dirty and hard as hell I hate being there, but it gets the bills paid

Lol. Your sarcasm is funneh.

You're being sarcastic, right?

Right?

Riiight?

Seriously, 300k per year is shitloads.
what the tits, my dad is a podiatrist and makes 80k a year and i feel spoilt as hell with all of the gear he's bought me. I'd cash in with what your dad has got if you have no career paths.
I may not have a brain, gentlemen, but I have an idea...
Im pretty well off. If my dad would quit spending everything on TVs and crap. We bring in $110K a year, and since we live in Oklahoma, cost of living is pretty low. I think he's been pretty smart and has had me buy my own stuff though.
And I want to go military, as an Air Force Pararescue jumper. But of course my dream is to be the guitarist for a hard rock/ metalcore band.
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
Quote by frozen_soul
300k a year? thats insane. my parents make maybe 50-70k a year. im pretty well off id say

I should it edit that, its more like less than half that, thats how much thats coming in but I forgot to factor the merchandise expenses so thats not pure profit, its more like 150k

I have no reason to brag or lie, I dont even live in a regular sized house
I'm underage so of course I live with my parents, and they make more than I'd feel comfortable saying, because I know everyone would call me "rich, spoiled, snob, etc..."
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

I think both my parents combined make 100-150k a year..somewhere abouts there. We're well off, although my parents are absolute shit when it comes to handling money, and I have exactly zero for college.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
my dad has has been unemployed for almost a year so he started his own business. we still have our cars and house so its still going pretty goood
Quote by namesroverrated
I think both my parents combined make 100-150k a year..somewhere abouts there. We're well off, although my parents are absolute shit when it comes to handling money, and I have exactly zero for college.

Same man, I'm working all last year and this year to try to save uni money, got very little, been giving most of it to parents, so much debt it's unbelievable.
My dad makes about 40k a year and my mom is in pharmacy school.
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
My dad makes a bit less than 40k a year, but his job includes a house and he manages money very well. We're by no means rich, but we live comfortably. My mom and her husband combined probably make about 90-100k a year, none of which I see... Family drama and whatnot.
before my parents got divorced their combined income was probably 200k+. Now they have to sell shit to pay for lawyers and have credit card debt... fail.
i buy my own gear, but i live in a good house, eat top of the line food. idk how muhc my parents make. but life isnt that bad.
I'm not sure what they're making, but we're probably somewhere between middle class and upper-middle class on the spectrum. I work summers and pay for all my food, gas, guitar gear, etc. myself.
I live with my mom and make roughly 700-800$ a month but most of that goes toward rent, car insurance, repaying my student loan, and food.
I have no idea what my parents make, but I live quite comfortably. My great aunt is also the owner of a company so we get a lot of extra money from her for college etc.

Edit: and I'm still 17 so I live with my parents. I only recently started my first job but my family is very generous at christmas and birthdays with money so I have enough for my own needs as a teenager.
Last edited by samick007 at Jan 5, 2010,
Well, we do have to keep in mind our international currencies, which are valued differently, so what you say may not actually be as much as everybody else makes.

I broke as hell and jobless and still live with my parents, since my college is just round the corner, been looking for a job for almost 6 months now, can't find a better one than Toy's R Us *Aims gun at head*

We used to be well off, but my dad hasn't gotten a raise since 1998, not even to compensate for taxes, so were kinda poor now...I hate taxes, I didn't make any money this year and I still have a W-2 and W-4 tax forms to fill out.
Enough.

Unless Venezuela's economy gets even worst than it is now, wich it will.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

My mom makes about 15k a year, and we live in a cheap and small apartment but in a rich town. My dad makes around $125k, but I am lucky to see a dime of it. I plan to be an international lawyer which means 300k+ for working 3 months a year under a ton of pressure.
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Fender Sidekick 25 Reverb
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W
Id say we live pretty comfortable, have a regular sized house close by the beach.Sure, my parents have had money troubles in the past, but overall i think we do pretty well. I would say were middle class.
RIG
Guitars:
Fender American Strat
Carvin Bolt
Aria Fa 71
Epiphone Les Paul
Yamaha FG700S

Amps:
Hughes and Kettner Trilogy Half Stack
Marshall MG *hides*

Pedals:
Dunlop Crybaby
We live pretty comfortably, though my parents always complain about money, especially now having to pay a portion of my brothers university stuff. But it's not like we don't have food on the table every day, new things, etc. I think my parents just blow it out of proportion a bit.
lol my mom makes 40k a year and........that's about it. 5 person family and lol not much else. We are what you call poor :P but happy i guess. we gotta house and a car. Lol hopefully i'll do well enough to get a scholarship into college and become a doc.... Yep
For those to understand the truth within every lie ever spoken, we ourselves must lie to seek the truth.
My parents probably make around 70K combined. Money's extremely tight, but I'm completely covered for college. I think most of the money is going towards my sisters' college fund.
R.I.P. PAUL GILBERT

You will be missed...
I used to make 80k+ a year, not so good these last few years only about 20k, but I don't have to work much at least..
Well both my parents make 6 figures. But they got divorced and made everyone's life harder so we all have to work twice as hard to get half as much.

Yeah I know. Boo-hoo.

Anyway, I work a minimum wage job and probably will for the next 5 years. Fuck money, let's bring the bartering system back.
my parents raised me to pay for everything myself, which is why it didn't come as a surprise when they told me the second semester of my senior year that I had to pay for college myself (after telling me since the 5th grade that they had enough saved up for me not to worry). I think my dad makes around 50k a year, and my mom is an artist. (i.e. maybe 3k a year). really I'm pretty well of though (minus the college part), I've got 5 guitars, I drive a 66 Impala, I work a decent job that isn't dependent on tips or commission. Things could be better, but they could be a whole hell of a lot worse.
My parents never married and I'm relatively poor. Nothing like a kid in Africa though.

EDIT:

Quote by Oroborous
Well both my parents make 6 figures. But they got divorced and made everyone's life harder so we all have to work twice as hard to get half as much.

Yeah I know. Boo-hoo.

Anyway, I work a minimum wage job and probably will for the next 5 years. Fuck money, let's bring the bartering system back.

WTF do you have to barter with fool? The only thing you have to offer is labor, I presume.
Last edited by captaincrunk at Jan 6, 2010,
Quote by chaoticfables
Lol. Your sarcasm is funneh.

You're being sarcastic, right?

Right?

Riiight?

Seriously, 300k per year is shitloads.

Not really. My family makes around 300k a year. There's always more to be had, boss. At any rate, I don't work. I sit around my house all day smoking weed and playing guitar, occasionally getting laid. No joke. It's great.

When I get bored, which rarely happens to be honest with you, I merely take a long, comforting drive in my ten year old car, smoking more weed, praying I don't get pulled over, while blasting epic rock tunes. Then I come back, and do it all again eventually. Ahahahaaha. I wish it could go on forever and ever really.
The times they are a changin'.....
Last edited by Italy's Finest at Jan 6, 2010,
Quote by captaincrunk
My parents never married and I'm relatively poor. Nothing like a kid in Africa though.

EDIT:

WTF do you have to barter with fool? The only thing you have to offer is labor, I presume.

Sexual favors, of course
^ have u ever had a job? lol

I think my parents make a bit over 100k with combined income. Sounds good but my mom spends so much on random shit we dont need. I keep telling her that people like her are the ones ****ing up the economy lol Basically always buying new furtinure, applicances, clothes, repainting the house with money we dont exactly have :p
My dad and his wife make somewhere between 175-200k a year, I'd see some of that if I felt like talking to them. My mom only makes about 40k, but we actually live quite comfortably seeing the mortgage and most other debts are paid off. I'm jobless, hoping to find full-time work decent enough to rent a cheap pad once I buy new instruments and such. See how it all works out.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
Live home with my parents. Together they make around 700.000 NOK a year (roughly 123.105 USD), while last year I myself earned about 112.000 NOK (19.696 USD). Most of the money goes towards my father's projects (apart from the money I earn, which I spend on whatever might interest me), but we live comfortably enough.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Page 1 of 4