do you talk to someone there first, or do you just get a job application? As degrading as it is, I'm going to apply to McDonald's, because I need the money, and I was just wondering. If I don't need to talk to anybody, I was just thinking I'd have a friend who works there get me an application next time he works, and bring it to me at school.
Just be a man, and ask for an application.
Money's money. Don't be a pussy.

Inb4 ololol McDonald's.
Depending on the job. There are jobs that require interviews, some that just need job applications and others that just require pictures of your
Make sure the manager sees you.

Go and ask for an application and ask who you turn it in to.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I'd go get one. Talk to someone there. Maybe the manager if you can. If you somehow make an impression before you apply then you probably have a better chance at being hired.
I may be wrong, but McDonald's probably has an online application.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by daytripper75
I'd go get one. Talk to someone there. Maybe the manager if you can. If you somehow make an impression before you apply then you probably have a better chance at being hired.
Well, I know the manager (not very well, but we're both musicians, so we've talked about music before), as well as a lot of the people that work there.
Quote by herby190
Well, I know the manager (not very well, but we're both musicians, so we've talked about music before), as well as a lot of the people that work there.

That makes it better, at least it's not strangers, right? I'm not trying to be a dick, but I don't see what your problem/dilemma is.
just apply online, then they'll call you in for a 5 minute interview then hire you
Quote by Myfirstpubes
you're saying that everytime someone in the Pit fapped, they produced magic? Wow, we'd be in fucking Narnia by now by the Pit's rate of masturbation.
Quote by ieatu
That makes it better, at least it's not strangers, right? I'm not trying to be a dick, but I don't see what your problem/dilemma is.
Not a dilemma, but I just wanted to know if I could, just for convenience. If it makes a difference at all, I'll go there.
man just walk in there and be like , any sault or ketchep? to the manager and they will be amazed and you will get the job.
Generally managers like it if you ask them in person. But for a place like mcdonalds it probably won't matter
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
You've already talked to someone = bonus

When you apply for a job you usually don't know who works there and they don't know you, that's why they ask for details about you (CV) and interview you to check you're going ot be good working there
Quote by herby190
Not a dilemma, but I just wanted to know if I could, just for convenience. If it makes a difference at all, I'll go there.

Maybe it'll show initiative if you went down personally? I do better face to face, usually online they have a questionnaire, where half the people who pass it lie through their teeth anyways..
Coming from someone who has worked at mcdonalds, make sure you're dressed nicely,go in and pick up an application, insist that they give you a paper application even though one is online, and fill it out in the restaurant, smile when you hand it in and act genuinely excited about the career opportunity on the horizon.

Don't get me wrong, you're going to hate you're life and be treated like shit by both your managers and dumb-**** kids who think they're too good to work at fast food. the worst part though is when the fat ass rednecks come through all high and mighty. the memories are unbearable.

that is why it is important to seem full of life, the employees at your local mcdonalds are used to seeing kids who failed their way through high school. Thus, if you dress nicely and appear polite, you stand out in the manager's mind. It also makes you a prime target to suck the life out of when you get the job.
Quote by paul banks
Coming from someone who has worked at mcdonalds, make sure you're dressed nicely
Ha.

My closet consists of T-shirts and a couple hoodies.

Sorry, just wanted to say that; I actually do appreciate that you took the time to type that out, and are being helpful.

Quote by doive
You've already talked to someone = bonus

When you apply for a job you usually don't know who works there and they don't know you, that's why they ask for details about you (CV) and interview you to check you're going ot be good working there
I know a large portion of the staff, actually. Anyways, thanks everyone, I just wanted to know. Because it seems to be recommended, I'll just go there personally.
Last edited by herby190 at Jan 5, 2010,
Quote by herby190
Ha.

My closet consists of T-shirts and a couple hoodies.

Sorry, just wanted to say that; I actually do appreciate that you took the time to type that out, and are being helpful.

Dude, that's enough. you don't need to go buy a suit for mcdonalds. You can portray a good image just in how you walk and how you wear what you own. If you wear a clean t-shirt and clean jeans you'll be set. Also, if your profile picture is current, prepare to wear a pony tail, something i neither expected nor enjoyed.

Just make sure you actually seem interested in the job, no one, not even a fast food chain, likes hiring a guy who expresses no other desire to work for them than the money involved. You'll kind of have to act your way through that one. There is no other benefit in working there beside the money. and i guess a free meal for your hard work.

Oh and if this is your first job, stay for at least six months as that is the standard amount of time for a recommendation i believe. It at least shows that you are somewhat commited to being a part of the great american workforce
I expected the ponytail, as much as I despise it; I'm used to it anyways, because of labs in science classes.
Quote by misfitsramones
man just walk in there and be like , any sault or ketchep? to the manager and they will be amazed and you will get the job.

**** this is the funniest post that's ever been in the Pit, thank you SOOO much misfitsramones you're one of the only people to ever make me stop breathing from laughing so hard.
I think its time to pack your things lets go,
To a place where we both know,
And dont worry, I'll drive real slow,
Spend some time before we go..