Hey im new to the site and i noticed alot of people had uploaded music they made as mp3s on there profile, i would like to know how to do that so i can put some of mine up for yall to listen to. Just let me know how thanks.
Firstly, trhe mp3 you upload must be of you or your band playing.

import the song into iTunes. Go the the import options, and select the mp3 encoder at 'good quality' (128kbps). Then right click the song, and it should give you the option to "create mp3 version". Do that, then drag the new version to your desktop.

Then use the mp3 uploader (Go to the green tab, labelled Upload New), and select the file from your desktop. Then simply wait for it to upload. It must be at the bitrate i specified above otherwise it wont work!

Quote by jimmy_neutron
import the song into iTunes. Go the the import options, and select the mp3 encoder at 'good quality' (128kbps). Then right click the song, and it should give you the option to "create mp3 version". Do that, then drag the new version to your desktop.
There are numerous ways to do this part. If you don't have iTunes, you can still output a mp3 file of your recording.

I used Audacity (freeware) to create my recordings. On their site, they have a link to download a free Add-on called LAME. It allows the file to be converted to mp3 format.

For more info on different ways to create recordings, browse the Recordings & Riffs forum.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.