How the hell is this thing meant to be hooked up? I have the 'to speaker" jack with the cable from my speaker plugged in. Where is the "to amp" supposed to go to in the amp?
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro Harmonix Big Muff
Ernie Ball VP Junior 250k
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
I am no expert on attenuators but I believe that it should go Amp speaker output --> Attenuator in (to amp) --> Attenuator out (to speaker) --> cabinet
so from external speaker out to attenuator to speaker? it's a fender deluxe reverb reissue
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Quote by zapparage
so from external speaker out to attenuator to speaker? it's a fender deluxe reverb reissue

Correct.
Although I recommend you use the standard speaker out.

Impedance is important with attenuators, just as it is with speakers, though...

What attenuator are you using?
(and how is our buzzing/hum issue?)
Hopefully it not too late! It sounds like you've been running the amp without a load which can be especially dangerous for a tube amp.
Moving on.....
Ok cheers, I'll check it out now.

The buzzing is very temperamental. Before I left for work it fixed itself, but when I got back just before it was screwed again. I just took out the channel 1 preamp and put it in 2 and so far so good, but we'll see. Hopefully it holds up until after the gig on Sunday.
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Luckily nothing blew my amp Ken. Using a Weber Mini Mass. The power tubes sound awesome cranked, but I need to get some new tubes (they're stock ATM).
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
You should be good so long as you're only using channel 2.

Rather than bump the other thread, I'll lay it out a little here:
V1 controls only channel 1 gain, go ahead and pull it and use it for channel two.

You might notice some tone change, but nothing at all drastic, and you may actually like it (a little gainier, I run mine like that on purpose).

Don't futz with the others, they are needed for other functions.

If you "tube roll" (that is, use a known good tube to swap in/out with others in order to diagnose a bad tube), V1 is your "spare" to do this with.

Again, don't jumper channels like you would on a 4-input marshall, it doesn't work like that on 4-input Fenders (other than bassmans, et al).

Give me some info on the attenuator or call the attenuator company before you plug that back in, serious amp damage if it's hooked up wrong.

EDIT: Weber mini mass is easy. Set it to 8 ohms, use the standard internal speaker jack.

Amp -> weber -> speaker.
Last edited by Rutch at Jan 5, 2010,
Well I've already done it and it seems okay...should I be worried at all?
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah