I just bought an '83 JCM 800 2003. It came with Sovtek EL34G power tubes. I bought it from Canada so im assuming its a Canadian Marshall although I dont know how to check. Anyways, I wanted to know if these are the original tubes? Im not %100 satisfied with my tone yet so I was thinking about replacing them. Jerry from FJA mods recomended the Mullards. Thanks in advance.

I cant not show you!

Marshall JCM 800 2203
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960AV
Gibson Studio Alpine White
DL4 Delay Pedal
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus Pedal
Boss TU-2 Tuner Pedal
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor Pedal
Holy Grail Plus
Ernie Ball Volume Pedal Jr.
No idea on the tubes, but that is a Canadian Marshall. The metal power and standby switches give it away.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Check to see if there are bags of milk inside of the cab, dead giveaway of a Canadian Marshall.
Quote by Twist of fate
Once, I watched Star Wars episode 4. I timed myself so that I came right when the death star blew up.

Afterwards, Han Solo said "Great shot kid, that was one in a million!"
^^^yup, you are rawkin' the toanz of the North. May the icy arctic winds forever blow thru yur mapz...

But anyway, tubes:

I would hope to hell those are not the original power tubes; if so, they are dead and gone.
Replace with what floats your boat, try winged C.

Preamp tubes are another story, they may be original, and they may be fine.
Yes, Mullards are fantastic.
Before you blow a ton of cash on NOS glass, what sort of sound are you seeking?
Smoother? Gainier? Rawer?
Many options here.
+1 to Rutch, man you have been on a roll today.

I have a similar amp and I have Mullard power tubes and JJ preamp tubes (minus 1 exception) and I like the darker tone I get with this set up. I may go Winged Cs next time as I really want to try them out.

I also recommend dougstubes as long as they ship to Canada. Can't imagine they would not.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
+1 to Rutch, man you have been on a roll today.

Tanks, mang, you knows how I does...

I agree with you, though, best JCM 800 I've heard was a US about the same year, JJ all around and Svetlana (rebadged Realistic) <<< (or vice-versa) kt88s.
It seems like as soon as I got a JCM800, a billion other UGers did too. freaky. Awesome looking 2203 there, the metal toggle switches are neat looking.

Also, I highly doubt a 25 year old amp would still have the original power tubes. unless it's one of those "old lady's attic" scenarios.
It doesn't have the original tubes - Canadian models came with Mullards same as the British ones.

Internal fusing and better components FTW. Canadian models rock!
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by Rutch
^^^yup, you are rawkin' the toanz of the North. May the icy arctic winds forever blow thru yur mapz...

But anyway, tubes:

I would hope to hell those are not the original power tubes; if so, they are dead and gone.
Replace with what floats your boat, try winged C.

Preamp tubes are another story, they may be original, and they may be fine.
Yes, Mullards are fantastic.
Before you blow a ton of cash on NOS glass, what sort of sound are you seeking?
Smoother? Gainier? Rawer?
Many options here.

Im looking for more gain. Also, it sounds a little thin/brittle. Doesnt Mullard make current production tubes?
Marshall JCM 800 2203
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960AV
Gibson Studio Alpine White
DL4 Delay Pedal
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus Pedal
Boss TU-2 Tuner Pedal
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor Pedal
Holy Grail Plus
Ernie Ball Volume Pedal Jr.