Page 1 of 3
Has the guitar ever injured you in any way? One time i was tuning my acoustic back to normal tuning from open d, and as i was tuning the high e string it snapped and whipped my arm. opened up a 6 inch long gash down my forearm. Another time i tripped over my guitar in the middle of the night when i went for a drink of water, damn near broke my face on the corner of my dresser.

Has the pit ever received injury from their guitars?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I once was shredding so awesome-like that the fretboard caught fire and burnt the fingernails off of my hands.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
On several occasions.

I got hit in the head by a guitar my friend was holding. It was an accident, but I raeeged at him.
Last edited by chaoticfables at Jan 5, 2010,
Once when I was adjusting the truss rod, a mate bumped my guitar, and as I catch it, the TR cover slices up my hand a good bit. I have pics somewhere.
Got my dick stuck in the soundhole of my acoustic once.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
on several occasions i have played until my fingers started to bleed.

EDIT: i mean my plucking fingers
I'M A COWBOY
Last edited by loaded_ at Jan 5, 2010,
My picking technique is slowly trashing my elbow. It kinda sucks.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
Quote by icaneatcatfood
My string went into my thumb a little bit once. Hxc

+1
There's danger on the edge of town,
Ride the king's highway baby

cut myself on the string ends by the tuners on many occasions. ( never too bad though). Scraped knuckles on the bridge. bruised fingers on the side of the guitar/neck. and of course blisters.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by Ace88
Has the guitar ever injured you in any way? One time i was tuning my acoustic back to normal tuning from open d, and as i was tuning the high e string it snapped and whipped my arm. opened up a 6 inch long gash down my forearm. Another time i tripped over my guitar in the middle of the night when i went for a drink of water, damn near broke my face on the corner of my dresser.

Has the pit ever received injury from their guitars?

To be fair, if your ear is bad enough that you snap the high e trying to tune it up a major second you deserve the gash.
I decided to play guitar naked once...bad idea, I had taken the back plate off of my strat and when I hit the whammy bar the springs clamped down on my pubes and pulled out some hair.....hurt like hell.
My Guitars
Squire Affinity Strat
Ibanez RG 350 DX
Fender Stratocaster MIM
Ibanez AEG20E
Tradition Guitars S2000F Pro
many times once the b string snapped whilst doing a bend and it comes up and hits me in the face another time i was changing strings and i was cutting off the excess off the thick e and it shoots out and hits me in the eye
my favorite time thoug i did a a slide and the string cut into my finger so about half of the string was covered in blood it looked pretty cool
I have this crappy Paul Stanley signature guitar from target. It fell off the wall and one of the pointy edges hit my head.

I bled............a lot.
One time I was completely rocking out and thrashing around while playing a Deftones song and when I was done I noticed my guitar had blood running down it. I hit my finger on the string and tore it open. It looked badass.

And another time while headbanging my headstock came up n hit me right underneath the left eye
Quote by PatheticMedic
I decided to play guitar naked once...bad idea, I had taken the back plate off of my strat and when I hit the whammy bar the springs clamped down on my pubes and pulled out some hair.....hurt like hell.

I have nothing to cut excess string off with, so I just leave it to dangle. Many times I poke myself in the eye bending over to pick it up out of its stand in the dark.
Quote by RU Experienced?
To be fair, if your ear is bad enough that you snap the high e trying to tune it up a major second you deserve the gash.

To be fair, this happened to me just the other day, and I was using a tuner. The strings were horribly old.
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
Quote by PatheticMedic

I've played until my fingers bled, gotten blisters, not much more that that, though.
I kept playing this lick with a slide in it over and over again until it actually cut open my finger like a knife.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by Fred1000000
To be fair, this happened to me just the other day, and I was using a tuner. The strings were horribly old.

To be fair, the whole situation could be avoided if you replace your strings once every month or so.
Nothing major but I played so much when I got my new guitar that my finger bled.
Quote by RU Experienced?

Forgive me, O bastion of ear tuning. My stringeth be old, my tuning be quick; hopefully one day your string will snap you in the dick.

seriously, no need to be a **** about it
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

I had a Bass string snap and hit me under the eye (old strings, and it freaking hurt)

I've been hit in the head with many headstocks

My acoustic used to have this dodgy fret where a sliver of metal would hang out from the edge, so sliding up the neck could be quite a dangerous exercise.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by Ace88
Forgive me, O bastion of ear tuning. My stringeth be old, my tuning be quick; hopefully one day your string will snap you in the dick.

Quote by Ace88

TS, could I sig that?

Relating to the topic at hand, I can't recall any instances offhand when my guitar injured me- although my hand does get sore when I'm playing a song that consists of almost continuous power chords in standard tuning (or in Eb, D Standard, etc.).
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Quote by rocknrolldude43

TS, could I sig that?

Relating to the topic at hand, I can't recall any instances offhand when my guitar injured me- although my hand does get sore when I'm playing a song that consists of almost continuous power chords in standard tuning (or in Eb, D Standard, etc.).

Actually, this, I do suffer major hand cramps in long annoying power chord songs. Ever played Jesus of Suburbia the whole way through and not gotten a hand cramp? If so, teach me. haha
Quote by rocknrolldude43

TS, could I sig that?

NO ABSOLUTELY NOT

lol i kid go for it bro namath
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

I've whopped myself upside the head a few times, once got shocked by a friends shitty Strat copy, once a string went through that flap of skin in between your thumb and first finger...

Et cetera.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
I cut my index finger open on one of my Mustang's pick-up switches. I finished the playing the set and my guitar and hand were covered in blood.
#48 of the Fender Armada
#2 Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Fender Mustang
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by p o e
I've whopped myself upside the head a few times, once got shocked by a friends shitty Strat copy, once a string went through that flap of skin in between your thumb and first finger...

Et cetera.

Worst. Ever.

Of. All. Time.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

One word. Tendonitis. But I got it from a combination of Castle Crashers, Texting, fapping, computer and guitar.
i was playing a show at a park once and we had to move the picnic tables and they left these giant spike things in the ground and i was playing and i tripped over one and my guitar stabbed my in the nuts.

EDIT:not really stab but the head stock is pointed so you know what i mean
Quote by KTFM
Dammit, Snorlax! This is why we can't have nice things!!

Quote by Xiaoxi
AWWWWWWWWW FUCK NAW!!!!!!!

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Team_Snorlax at Jan 6, 2010,
Quote by RU Experienced?

I have nothing to cut excess string off with, so I just leave it to dangle. Many times I poke myself in the eye bending over to pick it up out of its stand in the dark.

nail clippers.
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
I've reopened cuts on my fingers, and that's really it.

My amp on the other hand.....
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
I have a bad knee and once during a gig my guitar cord got wrapped around my leg and I went down and fell on my back. Blew my knee back out. One of our best shows ever.
Page 1 of 3