So, I have a feeling that if I started songwriting, I could be pretty successful. I've made songs for fun, because I won't be judged or anything, and aren't personal. But I want to write something that could get me somewhere.

My huge issues is picking about what to write the song about. I have NO CLUE where to start anything.

It seems that every song I mind map to write is either too personal or too broad about something. I know I should be using things that would hide the true meaning (Such as saying "Beyond the sun" instead of "Where you and I haven't been"), but I also have no clue what to use for that either. I want successful music.

by the way, I plan on writing rock songs.
If you want successful songs people need to be able to connect with them so your topics should be things that people can relate to. start trying to find song lines and titles in your everyday life with what you read, hear in converstations, etc. once you start doing this songwriting will be on your mind 24/7 and inspiration will come
Quote by qwertyuiop8642
If you want successful songs people need to be able to connect with them so your topics should be things that people can relate to. start trying to find song lines and titles in your everyday life with what you read, hear in converstations, etc. once you start doing this songwriting will be on your mind 24/7 and inspiration will come

So something like the springtime slush of winter's dirty snow leaving nothing but sweepable dirt? It is the only thing I have really thought deeply about for hours.

Thanks though, I'll have to think of things that I do hear brought up a lot with everyday people. I just don't know if I could then disguise it into song.