Okay. I'm getting a talk box 2oro. it's a never-been-used Rocktron Banshee. We have a PA, and all that jazz, but besides knowing it needs a mic, i have absolutely no idea how to set it up. I have a pedal chain, but i dont know where to put it on it.

My chain goes like this, from guitar to amp:

Dunlop Dimebag Darrel Crybaby From Hell
Boss MD-2 MegaDistortion
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss TR-2 Tremelo
Boss CH-1 SuperChorus
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay

I was thinking maybe put it before or after the wah, but i'm not sure. I think i'm doing this completely wrong, to be honest.

Also, i wont be the only one using it. The other guitarist in my band wants to use it too, and we would switch off every few gigs depending on the songs we do. He doesnt have a pedal board, but a large half stack with a Crate Blue Voodoo head and a peavey cab. How would HE put it in? because the one pedal he has is a noise gate. would it go before the gate? And he also has an effects loop (he puts the noise supressor in the direct path instead of through the gate) so should he put the talkbox through that?

I've use one. this isnt a question about that, but how do I hook it up to either rig?
"its true that we dont know what weve got untill we loose it but its also true that we dont know what weve been missing until it arrives"
Quote by 3BlindMyceZeke
This is amazing advice. You sir, Mr.LeadGuitar, are the god of the Bandleading forum.

In Rhode Island? Join!
there should be instructions on how to set it up either online at the rocktron site or with the pedal. i know its something weird but i cant remember exactly how. as for switching off, it should be exactly the same to set up, and for your other guitarist, before the noise gate i would assume.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
The Banshee is a lot easier to set up than most talk boxes.
Normally, a talk box is basically a speaker with a plastic tube in it.
You plug it into the speaker jack at the back of your amp, then plug your speaker into the box's output. When you hit the switch on the talkbox, it cuts off the speaker and sends the signal coming out of your amp into the talkbox instead.

However if I remember correctly the Banshee essentially has a built-in guitar amp inside, so it goes before your amp like a regular pedal. When you stomp on the switch, your signal stops going through your amp and goes into the Banshee, where it's amplifed and sent down the tube.

I have that talkbox!

I put it between my Wah and my distortion...

My chain: Guitar--->Crybaby--->Talkbox--->yadda yadda yadda--->amp.

For your other guitarist...hmm...

Putting anything before your noise gate is generally a no-no. The Banshee is true bypass (little known fact) so...Just stick it early in the chain BEFORE Distortion and effects. Don't put it in the effects loop. Just...Don't.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
is it the banshee 2 or the first one?

Rig:
Ibanez GAX 50
Ibanez S 470
Amp:
Ibanez IBZ10G
Effects:
Korg ToneWorks AX3000G Signal Processor
Boss RC-20XL LoopStation
Rocktron Banshee 2
WishList:
Sustainiac Stealth Pro
actually it doesnt really matter.... put the guitar in the input and then the pedals after
unless u want the talk effect to have some of ur effects... then do it after those....

Rig:
Ibanez GAX 50
Ibanez S 470
Amp:
Ibanez IBZ10G
Effects:
Korg ToneWorks AX3000G Signal Processor
Boss RC-20XL LoopStation
Rocktron Banshee 2
WishList:
Sustainiac Stealth Pro
it's just the basic one, and THANK YOU PEOPLE! this has been alot of help i asked because i know that some of the other ones are a pain in the ass to set up.
"its true that we dont know what weve got untill we loose it but its also true that we dont know what weve been missing until it arrives"
Quote by 3BlindMyceZeke
This is amazing advice. You sir, Mr.LeadGuitar, are the god of the Bandleading forum.

In Rhode Island? Join!