Ok so I got a high gain amp (6505+) it does cleans OK but is there anything I can do to clean it up more, you know more 'pristine'? Would an EQ pedal work? Thanks
No, it might help balance the cleans out, but it can't change the character of your amp.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
You can't really make your Amp "cleaner" than it normally is...I would suggest that you roll back your guitar's volume knob a little bit, and play on the Neck Pickup...

Other than that...get a Twin Reverb?
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
No, it might help balance the cleans out, but it can't change the character of your amp.

Super pristine cleans arent a necessity to me, as I play mostly extreme metal/hard rock most of the time.
Whenever i play clean its mostly a short passage or intro to a song.
any suggestions to achieving a cleaner tone?
A split coil works better, or single, like they said roll back the tone and vol a bit. I have the 6505+ too, not really usable for pristine cleans, even my tele sounds bad clean through it...but I have a Fender amp too so it don't bother me.
Quote by SLonergan
You can't really make your Amp "cleaner" than it normally is...I would suggest that you roll back your guitar's volume knob a little bit, and play on the Neck Pickup...

Other than that...get a Twin Reverb?

I have the Hellraiser with the single coil split tone pots, if i split the pickup and use the neck pickup could I achieve a desirable clean?
(Dont have access to my amp right now, its in storage)
Last edited by jonny6505+ at Jan 6, 2010,
roll back tone, volume and some chorus
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by jonny6505+
I have the Hellraiser with the single coil split tone pots, if i split the pickup and use the neck pickup could I achieve a desirable clean?
(Dont have access to my amp right now, its in storage)

Single coils tend to have a twangier clean...which is generally preferred by the masses.

Yes, I would suggest splitting the coils on the neck Pickup, and roll back the volume knob (Rolling back on the volume can clean up a distorted sound, so rolling back the volume on an already clean sound should get it pretty pristine).
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
actually you could probably get your amp modded. There are a couple of companies that can really bring out some better tones in amp heads. I've personally been looking @ voodoo amps to mod my Marshall dsl 2000 head. I've heard a LOT of amazing things about the company and I'm about ready to get mine modded, might be worth looking into.
Quote by firebird103
actually you could probably get your amp modded. There are a couple of companies that can really bring out some better tones in amp heads. I've personally been looking @ voodoo amps to mod my Marshall dsl 2000 head. I've heard a LOT of amazing things about the company and I'm about ready to get mine modded, might be worth looking into.

While I agree that getting the amp modded would help the cleans...it seems like going overboard. He's already stated that he only uses the cleans during short passages, and in song intros. Its probably not worth it to him to get his amp modded just for that.

I think it voids the warranty too :P
Quote by rmr024

Quote by AxSilentxLine
Throw a chorus in front, does wonders for the 6505/+

Can you state any good chorus pedals, nothing expensive tho because the 6505+ took away a decent sized chunk of my finance
no, the clean is the basis of your amplifier. you can move forwards in terms of gain and all that, but you can't move backwards and improve the cleans. Its just the character of your amp. if you want better cleans you need to switch amps.
Quote by jonny6505+
Can you state any good chorus pedals, nothing expensive tho because the 6505+ took away a decent sized chunk of my finance

If you're on a budget look into an EHX Small Clone
just curious, but what are your settings for your rhythm (clean) channel?
chorus, and some slight delay. a good budget chorus pedal is the deltalab sc-1 (they run about $50 new). its pretty subtle as far as choruses go and i absolutely love mine.

what pickups do u have? roll back volume and tone, keep the pregain below 2, turn on bright if u want (helps with the neck pickup depending what ur doing).
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Omg it is so easy to fix 6505+ clean and especially if you have a hellraiser (like I do). Press the crunch channel button to send the clean channel into bluesy gain territory, then put the clean pre-gain knob on 0 and the post-gain on around 5, then just touch the pre-gain knob to get it to go into the .5 territory, you should be getting sound at this point, keep pushing the pre-gain until it starts to distort and then roll it back a bit.

On the guitar side, the hellraiser has some issues with cleans, there's only so much the emgs can do my friend. What I liked doing was using the neck and bridge both tapped with the switch in the center position, and then turning down the tone knob the tiniest bit. Always worked for me.

There's also effects, a simple chorus can work wonders, as can a reverb unit.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Get a Fender, or add some chorus or reverb.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Quote by sacamano79
roll back tone, volume and some chorus

+1

I used to get decent cleans out of my windsor by doing this.

I woudln't mod the amp. To be honest, the money you would spend modding it, you could buy a clean amp to A/B with your 6505+
Thread like this put me off getting a 6505 to be honest. I know they're really affordable for a high gain tube amp, but I almost like the look of the SS Peavey Bandit better.
Quote by sesstreets
Omg it is so easy to fix 6505+ clean and especially if you have a hellraiser (like I do). Press the crunch channel button to send the clean channel into bluesy gain territory, then put the clean pre-gain knob on 0 and the post-gain on around 5, then just touch the pre-gain knob to get it to go into the .5 territory, you should be getting sound at this point, keep pushing the pre-gain until it starts to distort and then roll it back a bit.

On the guitar side, the hellraiser has some issues with cleans, there's only so much the emgs can do my friend. What I liked doing was using the neck and bridge both tapped with the switch in the center position, and then turning down the tone knob the tiniest bit. Always worked for me.

There's also effects, a simple chorus can work wonders, as can a reverb unit.

this exactly, except make sure the crunch is OFF. (that way you can have a 2.5 channel amp )
Thanks guys.
I put the pregain on the Rhythm channel all the way up, Low to 10, Mid about 4.5 and High about 5. Presence is around 3-4 and Resonance is about 9-10.
I use the neck pickup and split the pickup using the Hellraiser's coil tap feature. The volume on my guitar isn't rolled back.
This way I get a really decent clean out ov it, I thought it wouldn't be able to sound this good
I wonder if I use a delay/chorus pedal it'll sound even BETTER
Quote by jonny6505+
Thanks guys.
I put the pregain on the Rhythm channel all the way up, Low to 10, Mid about 4.5 and High about 5. Presence is around 3-4 and Resonance is about 9-10.
I use the neck pickup and split the pickup using the Hellraiser's coil tap feature. The volume on my guitar isn't rolled back.
This way I get a really decent clean out ov it, I thought it wouldn't be able to sound this good
I wonder if I use a delay/chorus pedal it'll sound even BETTER

Gratz dude! Glad you got the sound you're looking for!

P.S. Chorus can make a great clean sound into a godly clean sound if done right...

...do it.
Quote by rmr024

Quote by SLonergan
Gratz dude! Glad you got the sound you're looking for!

P.S. Chorus can make a great clean sound into a godly clean sound if done right...

...do it.

Thanks
Oh yeah I also have the Bright switch engaged.
Press control + f and type control panel, that should help
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Fender Twin Reverb will work wonder's for clean's.

And a tad bit of chorus will sound amazing.

Selector swtich: Neck pickup
Tone: 3/4
Volume: 3/4

on you guitar anyway.
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Fender Twin Reverb 65' Reissue
-Hardwire TL2