Hi guys.
I play a Peavey Rockmaster.
Yes, the little toy one.
http://www.amazon.com/Peavey-Rockmaster-Stage-Black-2800566670-29/dp/B001D0BFL4

I know its not full size, but I don't know what kind of strings to get.
It is 25.5" scale.

I play metal/deathcore, usually in drop C. I have broken like 4 low e string so far. All at the bridge (probably cause of palm muting?)

What gauge of strings should I get? Brand?
Is there a special size for shorter scaled guitar?

Thank you!
11s. can do 12s as well if you want a little bit thicker and a bit more tension depending on what you like. would do you fine. brand depends on you. i like d'addario over other strings out there. if you had a 24.75 scale guitar id go with 11s and 12s wth a decent size bottom set.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Quote by Pobre_Bob
Try a hybrid set, with thicker bottom strings and lighter top strings.

+1. The skinny top heavy bottom strings give you the best of both worlds, that is the bottom are good for rhythm playing while the top are great for soloing.
Thanks guys.

Any good brand?
I play Ernie Balls or DAddarios on the bass, those 2 recommendable?
well i dont get it. 25.5 is standard scale. so it shouldnt be any different. but yeah for drop tuning thicker strings will work better. same pitch but more tension so it doesnt feel like your playing a wet noodle.

im experimenting with strings all the time, but for the most part ive used ball and dadarrios. however ball makes strings especially for dropped tuning. i would recommend trying those if your havng issues.
Ernie Ball is affordable and have some of the best quality strings out there in my opinion. I use Skinny Top heavy Bottom 10-52 and they are perfect for drop c. I have a floating bridge so i just adjusted that to fix the tension but you could always raise the saddles up. My friend Jesse has the same guitar and he has a set of Not Even Slinky which is 13-56. If your looking for really heavy strings then GHS Zakk Wylde Strings are available. They go 10-60. Keep it metal. \m/
i go 9-42s in 3 half steps down or drop B.

ultra shreddage up top, super wet noodles down low. pinch harmonics on lower strings are sweet.
"Hey kid. You wanna cigarette?"

"No thanks! I/m already hooked on Fonicks!"

For D/C/Drop C I go for Ernie Ball 11-54. Not too tight on the top so you can still bend and wail away as much as you like but beefy on the bottom. I love a fat bottom, on my guitar as much as anywhere else
Like ryanb says: Keep it metal \m/
Thanks guys. Gonna schedule a Guitar Center trip.

One more question.
So far, I've broken maybe 4 low E string. All at the bridge area.
I'm thinking its caused by palm muting a lot?
Is that natural?
Does the size of the pick affect it?
I use a Extra Hard (I'm usually a bass player).
Quote by gwath42
Thanks guys. Gonna schedule a Guitar Center trip.

One more question.
So far, I've broken maybe 4 low E string. All at the bridge area.
I'm thinking its caused by palm muting a lot?
Is that natural?
Does the size of the pick affect it?
I use a Extra Hard (I'm usually a bass player).

maybe there's a sharp edge on your bridge saddle, check it out, cause that might be the problem.

oh, and for strings, either 11's or 12's will work perfectly. right now, I'm using 12's.

Quote by panasonic
i go 9-42s in 3 half steps down or drop B.

ultra shreddage up top, super wet noodles down low. pinch harmonics on lower strings are sweet.

that can't be good for neck tension balance. I started gauging up because I wanted more tension for those harmonics while downtuned.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"