Poll: Which mini-amp should I buy ?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which mini-amp should I buy ?
Danelectro Honeytone
8 47%
Fender Mini Twin
1 6%
Epiphone Mini Tweed
0 0%
Others
8 47%
Voters: 17.
Hello. I came across a Marshall MS-2 and realized that I had to have one of those mini amps..Personally, I prefer vintage/retro look so my options became Danelectro Honeytone, Fender Mini Twin, and Epiphone Mini Tweed. If any of you are able to give me a straight up answer of which one is the best out of all three, I'd really appreciate it ! I'm not looking to play high gain or loud volume on such a tiny amp, so distortion @ loud volume is the least of concerns..
Check out the Orange Micro Amp. The Fender & the Danelectro seem like novelties (just like the MS-2).

I don't know about the epi, but the Orange seems like a serious ultra-portable amp.
The speakers on my Fender Mini Twin blew out within a month. You can scratch mini-amp that off your list.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
Quote by consecutive e
Why do you want a mini amp? I haven't come across one that sounds any good at all.

The question you should ask is why WOULDN"T you want a mini amp?! lol I mean, I know they're not gonna sound like a tube amp, but I'm buying it just for the sake of it, not as a best sounding amp. So I just want the best one out of the three..Can't make up the decision btw the honeytone or mini twin tho..
Roland microcube.

Its not "mini" but damn its the best small amp out there.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
If you don't nessecarily(sp?) need a speaker you can try the Vox amPlugs. I have both the Metal and the AC30 versions of it and it's awesome.

Out of the mini amps you put down I've only tried the Honeytone and it sucked balls.
Not sure about the other ones.
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
IVE heard a couple of them , and i really think that the best was the Orange micro Crush . its the sweetest looking also IMO.

Vox amplug ( the ac30 et metal ) sound really great too if you play through headphone .

the worst i tried was a smokey amp ( a small portable amp that look like a pack of cigarette )

orange is 3 watt with a 4inch speaker , and it does a great job .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
I have the Honeytone and I love it but it's definately not a metal or hard rock amp. I use it for Red Hot Chili Peppers and Jimi Hendrix and it's great. Sounds best with heaphones though.
.....Found Him!
the honey tone looks kinda cool
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by Chrisiphone
Roland microcube.

Its not "mini" but damn its the best small amp out there.

100% yes! I got mine for $30 with a 20ft Monster Cable...

I would pay full price for it...Its got many tones in it, and can fall off the bed no problem!

oh, and I've changed the 6 AA's in it once in like 2 years.
Last edited by ktgmeasap at Dec 6, 2010,
Take a look at the Vox Ac4TV. It's an all tube combo with a 6.5" speaker.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
The AC4TV has either an 8" or a 10" speaker.

Vox has just bought out the mini3, I'd look into one of those personally.

Or get a Mini Night Train + cab for valve tonez in an ultra-portable package.