What Are Some Of The Best Ways to Get A Thrash Sound In A Song?

I Know The Palm Muting, Fast Riffs And Solos But What Else Makes A Song Thrash-y?
Don't Tread On Me!
pedal tones like this

A------9-------9-------7
E--0------0-------0-----

etc (the open strings are called pedal tones)
and powerchords
Chromatics, dissonance, phrygian dominant scale, the list goes on.

Also, the capitalizing-every-first-letter thing is annoying.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by guitarsftw
Chromatics, dissonance, phrygian dominant scale, the list goes on.

Also, the capitalizing-every-first-letter thing is annoying.

Okay...lol Jeez it's not that bad is it?
Don't Tread On Me!
Quote by MotörHeadFan22
Okay...lol Jeez it's not that bad is it?

Only a little. Not as bad as people who shorten every word as if they're texting.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by guitarsftw
Only a little. Not as bad as people who shorten every word as if they're texting.

Oh alright, well i only do it in my posts, and yeah i agree i hate when people do the whole

wat r tat ovr thr?
type thing too
Don't Tread On Me!
A drummer with stamina.

There are more things that define a genre than just what the guitar does. Analyse thrash songs and see what is going on in them, there is no real point of someone spurting out random techniques for you to stick together.
Quote by Sean0913
Megadeth

Seriously, one of the forefathers of it - learn their stuff and you'll learn a lot about Thrash

well thats a given and yeah i kinda already know a lot of their stuff, so do all the stuff megadeth does?
Don't Tread On Me!
Drums = Alternate between hitting the kick drum with the hi-hat and then the snare drum, playing eighth notes at ~200 BPM. Fill for one measure at the end of every eight measures.

Guitar part = play a power chord, then tremolo pick its root note, while palm muting. Play a different power chord, then pick its root. Do that a third time. Then a fourth. Have that take up eight measures. Do that again with different power chords. Don't worry about being in key. Play a solo with lots of pinch harmonics. Do the power chord stuff once more.

Bass = All eighth notes. Play the root note of the power chords.

Vocals = Yell until you vomit about dragons, video games, or social injustice.

I was listening to Gama bomb while doing Calculus yesterday, and that's what I'm basing this on. I love Gama Bomb.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
For guitar, a lot of palm-muted open E and A string riffs with power chords, tri tones, and flattened fifth intervals. Use of chromatics is also common in thrash.

Learn some old Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, Exodus, Testament, etc. tunes and if you pay attention to what notes, chords, and scales they use, you should be on your way.