Hey everyone, Im new to the bass forums.

My name is Sam and I am 15 years old. I've been playing bass since september and I really enjoy it. I didnt go to any specific class due to that I learned some basics in music class. So I started playing as soon as i got home. But now when im ALOT better it still feels like there are some theory missing. Whats your opinions on that? Where can I learn the theory part?
Welcome Sam, im Also called Sam woohoo.
Lessons i find are the easiest way to learn theory, as you get taught it through the medium of the instrument you play so it makes it more relevant to your learning.
Also theory class's like instrument lessons can be taken privately but usually as part of a group 3-4 people. They are very good but you need to be quite focused when learning. I take both theory and instrument lessons so say their both very good.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Welcome to the forums and the world of bass!

I am going to concur with Sam on a teacher. Even if you can only get a few weeks of lessons it can get you started solidly in technique and theory, and if you have to transition to books/web/DVD to teach you, you'll have a good start. If your school offers music courses, take advantage of those as well.
Welcome aboard. Yes, you should get a teacher. DVDs are fine, but you can't ask them questions (well, you can, but they won't answer you). It isn't enough to copy technique from a book or a DVD; you need someone who knows what they are doing to critique what you are doing. Once you have the basics down, you'll be able to get a lot more from books, DVDs and websites.
I'm also a Sam! That's 3... I would get lessons to learn, improvement can only come from a solid start.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Don't mind them. Spaz91 really likes, and has many, effects.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

GO SEE A GYNO

That is the sorta help you need, right?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by Spaz91
^ Now that would just be damn confusing.

You sure?

Quote by Basswithapick-1
haha good too see a bunch of happy people on the forums

Welcome to the forum as stated before, studybass.com is a great site to learn theory from.

Stick around, we don't bite

hard
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
I do, but it's extra
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Nipple and all.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
ah, I have taught my spammy ways to all the former n00bs.

now here are the 10 Bass Forumandments-

1) Thou must not GAS for a T-Bird, be it Gibson or Epiphone
2) Thou must revere one of the 3 as your true and only bass brand- The Noble Warwick, The Mighty Fender, or The Heroic Spector
3) Thou must respect the love of the Ampeg SVT fridge, but thou must never prefer it over a Solid State rig, as it lacks the clarity you so desire
4) Thou must play at least 2 of the following for fun- jazz, metal, rock, funk
5) Thou must find effects on bass to be bloody brilliant. thou they are.
6) Thou must think the Fitz is a drama queen, but, if you join after his leaving of the forum, you must instead revere him as a lost prophet
7) Thou must chew thy fingernails. it is thy secret way at getting back at the mods, who cannot ban thee for it, but find it disdainful
8) Thou must consider the electric guitar forum to be moronic fiends of ameobic intelligence.
9) Thou must despise the dread forum Talkbass, yet still have an account there, for business purposes
10) thy must not find memes to be humorous, including the lol wut pear, candlejack, and xzibit. the exceptions to this are lolcats, demotivational pictures
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Last edited by the humanity at Jan 6, 2010,
dude! my names sam and im 15 too! but ill be 16 in a few weeks :p
Quote by BobDetroit
It's all about the abalone. You can't play metal without it. Mother of pearl? MOTO? GTFO!
Quote by anarkee
Too many Sams. I think I need to ban one of you, esp. if you chew your fingernails.

I vote we legally change Nick's name to Sam and ban him, I heard from a very reliable source that he chews his fingernails. which is a bannable offense because we don't like it

Quote by THE RULES
All warnings and bans are at the mods' discretion - to put it simply: if we don't like it, you can be punished for it, regardless of whether there's a specific rule against that specific offence in our current list of rules.

Nick you should really brush up on the rules
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I believe all people called Sam should fight back, fight back against no and again being called Samantha and not being able to think of a female counterparts name for the person who said it, fight back for when people call you "sammy", fight back against people asking you if youd prefer samuel(of course we ****ing dont we introduced ourselves as sam.
This has gone to far and one this day we say, My name is Sam(not any other kind of abbreviation)
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by anarkee
Too many Sams. I think I need to ban one of you, esp. if you chew your fingernails. Nick, you're really smart, which one should we ban?

fatgoogle.
Quote by skater dan0
I vote we legally change Nick's name to Sam and make him ruler of the Sams. then we can change our names to Sam, and become under his wise jurisdiction.

Nick you should really brush your hair, it looks great but it could look even more sexy

thank you...

I didn't know you had these feelings for me Dan.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Ive been good, i just chew on em now.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I bite mine it really gets in the way of my playing, but I can't stop

I'm not called Sam though...
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Hey Sam, this is the bass forum. *gestures* Have fun.

and don't buy a behringer.
no sir away a papaya war is on