Page 1 of 3
Found this on Harmony Central today.

HT Studio 20H Head
A 20W, two channel, head with shared 3-way EQ plus ISF. This unit also features digital reverb, effects loop, emulated output
and comes supplied with a 1-way footswitch.
■ 20 Watt valve head ■ 2xECC83, 2xEL34 ■ Two footswitchable channels ■ 12˝ Celestion speaker ■ Enhanced tone
controls ■ Patent-Applied-For Infinite Shape Feature (ISF) ■ Master volume ■ Digital reverb ■ Speaker emulated output
■ Effects loop ■ 1-way footswitch included ■ Cool vintage styling

HT Club 40
A 40W, two channel, 1x12” combo with shared 3-way EQ plus ISF. This unit also features a Voice switch for each channel,
digital reverb with dark/bright switch, effects loop, emulated output and comes supplied with a 2-way footswitch.
■ 40 Watt valve combo ■ 2xECC83, 2xEL34 ■ Two footswitchable channels ■ 12˝ Celestion speaker ■ Enhanced tone
controls ■ Patent-Applied-For Infinite Shape Feature (ISF) ■ Clean Voice switch ■ Overdrive Voice switch ■ Master volume
■ Digital reverb with dark/bright switch ■ Speaker emulated output ■ Effects loop ■ 2-way footswitch included ■ Cool
vintage styling

HT Soloist 60
A 60W, two channel, 1x12” combo, with shared 3-way EQ plus ISF and solo boost with Body switch. This unit also features
a Voice switch for each channel, digital reverb with dark/bright switch, effects loop, emulated output with 1x12/4x12 voicing
and Presence. Supplied with a 4-way footcontroller.
■ 60 Watt valve combo ■ 2xECC83, 2xEL34 ■ Two footswitchable channels ■ 12˝ Celestion speaker ■ Enhanced tone
controls ■ Patent-Applied-For Infinite Shape Feature (ISF) ■ Clean Voice switch ■ Overdrive Voice switch ■ Footswitchable
solo boost with body switch ■ Presence ■ Master volume ■ Digital reverb with dark/bright switch ■ Speaker emulated
output with 1x12/4x12 voicing ■ Effects loop with effects level switch ■ 4-way footswitch included ■ Cool vintage styling

HT Stage 100 Head
A 100W, three channel head with 2-way EQ for ‘boutique’ channel and 3-way EQ plus ISF for Overdrive channels. This unit
also features a Voice switch for each channel, Presence, Resonance, Master Volume, digital reverb with dark/bright switch,
effects loop and emulated output with 1x12/4x12 select switch. Supplied with a 4-way footcontroller.
■ 100 Watt valve head ■ 2xECC83, 1xECC82, 4xEL34 ■ Three footswitchable channels ■ Enhanced tone controls
■ Patent-Applied-For Infinite Shape Feature (ISF) ■ Clean Voice switch ■ Overdrive 1 Voice switch ■ Overdrive 2 Voice
switch ■ Presence ■ Resonance ■ Master volume ■ Digital reverb with dark/bright switch ■ Speaker emulated output with
1x12/4x12 voicing ■ Effects loop with effects level switch ■ 4-way footswitch included ■ Cool vintage styling

VIDEOS

HT-20: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbqhIfDSx_w&feature=channel

HT-40: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahzfmFlMRA0&feature=channel

HT-60: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAiwfQoEu1c&feature=channel

HT-100: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAiwfQoEu1c&feature=channel

HT-100 metal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjWQm74l1fE
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Last edited by JesusCrisp at Jan 14, 2010,
I'd be interested...if they aren't super expensive. If they release them at a low cost like they did the HT-5 I'd buy one. I liked how the HT-5 sounded, but its low wattage kept me from keeping it around long. I mean, usually you mic up to play gigs anyway...but you pretty much have to mic that thing up to play anything
Looking forward to see what they have to offer.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
What? The HT Stage 100 looks like it will be better than the Series One 100 watt... I may have rethink what my next amp head will be. I was set on the Series One. We'll see what the prices are, I guess.
I wonder how many people will regret buying HT-5's.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Quote by Melodic_Rocker
What? The HT Stage 100 looks like it will be better than the Series One 100 watt...

Yh except for the DPR switch...

Cant wait for this, worth a look anytime, may need to change the amp im saving for.
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Quote by Juadafi

No one?
Why regret buying a practice amp because they've released some amps for other uses?

I'm looking forward to this, I really like Blackstar's stuff and will be really interested to see what new stuff they've come out with.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

if priced right, it could be great, it looks like some great extra features too. I think it will be priced low though, the Artisan and Series One lines already dominate the low and high gain sections of Blackstars high end amps so it would make sense.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
pic of Blackstar Ht stage 60

Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
^ that looks awesome!

Off topic, but i just thought that if you replaced the faceplate behind the knobs on the HT-5 head with a gold one, it would look like a mini JTM-45, even more so if you stole the Marshall logo off a Haze 15 head. Anyone agree?
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by Juadafi

Nah, but now when folks ask if the HT5 can get over drums they can be pointed to these.
^ that looks awesome!

Off topic, but i just thought that if you replaced the faceplate behind the knobs on the HT-5 head with a gold one, it would look like a mini JTM-45, even more so if you stole the Marshall logo off a Haze 15 head. Anyone agree?
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
The only problem with these is that you can't really use them for practice unless they have an inbuilt attenuator. I feel like I'd be as well off picking up a second hand JCM900 that has the 50/25 switch, it would sound better at lower volumes. If they made a combo version of the 20 Head though I migh buy.
Quote by TOMMYB22
^ that looks awesome!

youdo know its 2 guys from marshall that make blackstar amps?
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Juadafi

I bought the HT-5 because its ideal for practising in my bedroom and not pissing off people around me for being too loud. If I needed something louder I would of got something louder, so I won't regret buying it and I doubt anyone else will
I could see someone people who love their HT5s getting a bigger one to gig with.
Quote by jpnyc
I could see someone people who love their HT5s getting a bigger one to gig with.

damn straight

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
These things look awesome. I'd be inclined to think that the EL34 tubes would have an impact on the ISF control though. But I'm sure they'd sound awesome just the same.
Quote by Carrot
youdo know its 2 guys from marshall that make blackstar amps?

Of course, i was one of the originals in the HT-5 thread too. I just thought it would be a cool cosmetic mod is all.

I'm curious as to how the amp would sound since they now use real power tubes like EL34's. I imagine it would give it more british flavour than it already has but it makes me wonder where that leaves the functionality of the ISF. It will be great for changing up the voicing but it would make the left side even less american.

A great addition would be a graphic EQ like on Mesa Mark series amps, it would be really useful, its strange how uncommon that feature is considering its functionality.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
sorry i forgot who was an original in our thread lol
too many people coming for like one question

id love a graphic EQ on them things
would be proper lovely
im hoping i can change the power tubes and get some american soundin tubes in there,

i wonder how much gain they actually have

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Quote by JesusCrisp

You really are Jesus

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
I would highly consider the 20 watt, although I wish it had seperate EQ for each channel. I am currently in the market for something like this... If it does not have an attenuator, can you buy them seperately?

Any word on dates or pricing?
Haven't heard anything about release date and pricing, BUT videos of them will be on Blackstar's website on January 14.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Awesome, I've had my hopes up that Blackstar would release more HT amps after the HT-5. Those Studio 20 and Club 40 combos sound awesome.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Schecter C-1+ with SD '59/Custom 5
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
Sweet! Now for the price and soundclips...

If they're good, I'd get one. I'd keep my HT-5 for bedroom practice tho .
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
I think it would be cool if it had KT77's. The more neutral voicing would suit the ISF more.

It's probably gonna have more gain on tap too, what with the extra channel and headroom, they would be evan better value when they show up on the used market. I have a feeling that we'll eventually be recommending it in due time.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
im hoping i can change the power tubes to somethin more american voiced, prefer that rather than british sounding amps

im looking at getting the 20 watt head when it comes out
hopefully its around £400 max

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
im looking at getting the 20 watt head when it comes out
hopefully its around £400 max
It'll be more expensive than that...
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by GURREN LAGANN
The only problem with these is that you can't really use them for practice unless they have an inbuilt attenuator. I feel like I'd be as well off picking up a second hand JCM900 that has the 50/25 switch, it would sound better at lower volumes. If they made a combo version of the 20 Head though I migh buy.

Yeah you could. You dont need an attenuator for practice, I use my TSL for practice and it sounds fine.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
The 20 watt one is Blackstar's attempt to compete with Jet City, I will put money one it.
I'll take that money.

The entire range is Blackstar responding to everybody's saying: "I'd buy an HT-5 in a heartbeat if it had more power."
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
I'll take that money.

The entire range is Blackstar responding to everybody's saying: "I'd buy an HT-5 in a heartbeat if it had more power."
That's my take on this, too.
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
Quote by ch0
I'll take that money.

this is true.

The only reason they didn't make an entire range is because they probably didn't expect the great consumer response it got. I heard that the HT-5 was built as a prototype to try out the features like the ISF on.

I like the extra voice switches, another thing to create more versatility in this amp.

ch0, you and me both know that pretty much every question in the HT-5 thread is "can it keep up with a drummer" and "can it play metal" or something along those lines. It's good to know that there are companies who pay attention to they're consumers.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
Quote by ch0
I'll take that money.

Agreed. They aren't trying to compete with anyone - they are using customer/consumer feedback and building amps according to what people want.
Quote by ch0
It'll be more expensive than that...

But for bedroom playing is there any reason that i should pick the new 20Watt over the HT 5 watt?
Does it sound any different?
Becouse otherwise i wouldn't be paying 150-200$ more for reverb..
Quote by Defyant1911
But for bedroom playing is there any reason that i should pick the new 20Watt over the HT 5 watt?
Does it sound any different?
Becouse otherwise i wouldn't be paying 150-200$ more for reverb..

I'm not certain, because I dont think they've been released yet, but I'm pretty sure they will sound different. The HT-5 is basically a hybrid amp (not trying to start arguments, or saying its a bad thing, in fact I'm going to buy one myself), where the new ones sound like they are going to be all tube - 1 12AX7 and 12BH7 in the HT-5 vs 2 12AX7 and 2 EL34 in the Studio 20. They will be similar, but I'd say there will be differences.
Quote by TOMMYB22
I think it would be cool if it had KT77's. The more neutral voicing would suit the ISF more.

It's probably gonna have more gain on tap too, what with the extra channel and headroom, they would be evan better value when they show up on the used market. I have a feeling that we'll eventually be recommending it in due time.

Usually from my experience, an amp that can use el34's can use kt77's with a little bias adjustment
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Page 1 of 3