Right. So I'm sure there have been hundreds and hundreds of posts like this...

But... I was wondering if you could recommend a few songs to learn that would show skill and ability if I was asked to play them.

Doesnt matter what genre or anything like that.

Just songs with undeniably skillful guitar.

Sorry to be picky...

But also dont come here and post like, insane, impossible songs.

Go for the "Upper-Intermediate" range. If that gives you a better idea...

Thanks.
With enough money saved you will buy a new straw skirt and coconut bikini, a airplane ticket back to civilization and a large Mesa Boogie amp and a Gibson Explorer and shred the faces off with METALLICA!

Right. So I'm sure there have been hundreds and hundreds of posts like this...

But... I was wondering if you could recommend a few songs to learn that would show skill and ability if I was asked to play them.

Doesnt matter what genre or anything like that.

Just songs with undeniably skillful guitar.

Sorry to be picky...

But also dont come here and post like, insane, impossible songs.

Go for the "Upper-Intermediate" range. If that gives you a better idea...

Thanks.

We don't know what your upper-intermediate songs are? What is the hardest song that you can play right now?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
MY god, could you guys pick colors that are any harder to read on this background.
Quote by headbangerbuggy
That is the most incomprehensible post I have ever seen. LEARN TO GRAMMAR.

Quote by steven seagull
Then it IS blues, just angrier, louder and more pissed off
go by your definition of upper-intermediate.. thats somewhat the whole point. lol... and sorry bout the color. thought mine was pretty easy to ready but im using the black BG skin/theme so idk.
With enough money saved you will buy a new straw skirt and coconut bikini, a airplane ticket back to civilization and a large Mesa Boogie amp and a Gibson Explorer and shred the faces off with METALLICA!

Nah, he was talking to me about the color.

I don't know... Try The Count of Tuscany by Dream Theater. I'm learning it now as well, there is a couple of faster parts that are kinda hard, but if you just learn the notes and sit down and play it slow eventually you get it.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Ok cool. I really wouldnt know what to say the hardest song i know right now is anyway.

Mainly because I know a few different ones that are surprisingly hard, but not for the reason of being "Notey"

For example, if you listen to "Triad" by Tool, you might think Adam Jones is just a crackhead slamming on the strings and making "Screeches" with the guitar at some parts, but the fact is, it is very hard to produce those sounds, and it is also mildly difficult to get the rhythm of a lot of Tool songs down. So... It isnt really "Melodically Hard" but its hard in another way.

There are a few metallica solos that i know that I found pretty hard, but are getting easier...

For some reason I tend to find a lot of Coheed & Cambria songs kinda hard.

I dont really listen to stuff like Dream Theater so this will be the first one i listen to, as well as obviously learn by them.

So yeah.

Thanks, again.

Last edited by Sublime_Dude at Jan 6, 2010,
SRV pride and joy and any form of voodoo child (i mix playing styles between SRV and hendrix when i play it).

kinda easy songs to BS, but hard to get to sound great. and the solos are tricky i think, especially the pride and joy. then again your probably never going to get them note for note, cause its SRV and Hendrix. i improv. a lot.
Satch Boogie.

Master that song and you will make everyone's jaw hit the floor.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
No offense to Satch, but I've found most of his stuff easy.

Anyways, to give you some stuff to learn:

Joe Satriani
Always With Me, Always With You
If I Could Fly
Tears In The Rain
Satch Boogie
Flying in a Blue Dream

Eric Johnson
Boogie King
12 to 12 Vibe
Cliffs of Dover (Find the correct tab)
Trademark
Manhattan
S.R.V
Zap!
Camels Night Out

Jimi Hendrix
Wait Until Tomorrow
51st Anniversary
Message of Love
Power of Soul
Bold as Love
Little Wing
Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

SRV
Rude Mood
Pride and Joy
House is a Rockin'
Couldn't Stand the Weather
Texas Flood

I'll also suggest Eric Clapton's Steppin' Out. There are other songs that are great by Clapton, but I still love the groove of that one.

Also look into some Jazz artists, or Fusion. Shawn Lane will definitely keep you busy, same with Allan Holdsworth.
Quote by Wayne637
MY god, could you guys pick colors that are any harder to read on this background.

UG Black Style FTW
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Some Metallica is good, i know every song and im barle intermediate. (ok, not ALL 122 songs of theirs. Everything b4 and after load and reload)
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
the lack of Paul Gilbert/Racer X/Yngwie is appalling

-Technical Difficulties
-Scarified
-Viking Kong
-Skit Skit Wah
-The Gargoyle
-Blitzkrieg
-Snakebite
-Gone Too Far
-Far Beyond The Sun

^Should keep you busy for a good month or 2 or 3 or 4 or more... ^
Quote by Demonikk