So, since my old trusty pedal is not that trusty anymore, and i dont like it as much as to go to all the trouble of finding parts and reparing the damn thing, im in the market for a new pedal. I would use it for giging, since i dont particulary like my amps distrtion.
It has to be able to do hard rock and metal, as well as some punk. But mainly, it has to handle hard rock and metal.
I was thinking of getting a Metal Muff, and i especially like the top bost option so i can cut trough the mix when i solo.
So if you guys have any more ideas please, do tell, but keep it under 100€ preferably. And would metal muff be good for my requirements?
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
For under 100, you can't get any better than a big muff/metal muff.

Whatever you do, don't buy a Boss.
I have a peavy bandit 112. Not that good, but i need at least decent sounding distortion until i save up for a better amp.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
The Bandits are actually pretty good amps and you'd be hard pushed to find better distortion than that in a 100 euro pedal. If you can get a Dirty Bomb though that's ideal.
Quote by gorkyporky
I have a peavy bandit 112. Not that good, but i need at least decent sounding distortion until i save up for a better amp.
Get a Hardwire TL-2. I personally hate the Metalmuff.

The Bandit isn't that bad. It's a decent sounding amp. For metal, try this on the Bandit. When I had mine, I changed out the terrible Blue Marvel for a Man O War, and it helped a lot with the treble spikes. I also use an EQ Pedal with my Bandit, to pull out even more treble and add a little more bass.

My settings for metal were:

High-Gain Voicing

Gain: 6.5
Lows: 5
Mids: 6
Highs: 6.5

Try that and see if you like it for metal. It's sounds the best when you have your volume around 2 at 100% (so loud). Many think you should use the "modern" voicing for metal, and while some like it, the voicing just doesn't cut through because it's way too scooped.
Quote by GURREN LAGANN
The Bandits are actually pretty good amps and you'd be hard pushed to find better distortion than that in a 100 euro pedal.

I agree with this statement. Which version of the bandit do you have? If it is the red and black model with a tube dynamics control, resonance switch, and three lead channel modes, some tweaking is definitely in order. Even the silver and black version can produce passable sounds if the thrash/resonance switches are engaged and tube dynamics and EQ are tweaked correctly. If all else fails, you may be able to shape the Bandit's distortion more effectively using the Dimebag Darrell approach, i.e., an affordable EQ in front of your amplifier (and/or in its effects loop if it has one).
Dimebag used SS Randalls. I Wonder how the new Transtube stuff compares to that?

I wish they'd develop SS tech more as I don't think it needs to sound shittier than t00bs.