I currently have a Encore Blueburst Dreadnought acoustic guitar. I've taught myself how to play over the last couple of years and have got to the stage where i really want an electric guitar.

I've been offered a Squier by Fender Bullet Stratocaster, amp, lead and case by a friend for £40.

Is this a good beginner guitar and should i take up the offer?

Alternatively, i really love the Yamaha Pacifica012, and have read some good reviews but this would be more costly.

Which do i choose? Please help
I am not a fan of Squiers at all but for that price as long as it plays well go for it.

John
squiers are crap, dont waste your time with a bullet. Get the Pacifica, its a great guitar and much more versatile than the squier. The frontman amp he is probably offering you is also crap, they screech like hell, have horrific tone etc. My friend whose been playing 3 years cant even make his squier and frontman sound decent.

GET THE PACIFICA EVEN IF IT COSTS A BIT MORE

Also pick up a decent amp with it, fender super champ XD is good but mihght be over budget, a vox VT15 or even a Line 6 spider will sound better.
2013 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
Lakewood Sungha Jung Signature
Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster
LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
MIA Fender Strat VG + MiJ Mustang
Martin D1 +Tayor 210e
Kremona Rondo TL Classical
Gretsch G5120
It's a good price, so you're not risking very much with that Squier.
The price is good so you can't go wrong if it's in decent condition but the Yamaha Pacifica is certainly better, though the 112V version is far better as it uses alder instead of agathis.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Lol@Username.

Sure,why not.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER