ok,,, my friend recently purchased a tiny terror head amp. the thing is he doesnt have a cab for it. whereas ive got my line 6 spider 3 75 watt. he has offerd to lend it to me provided i have a use for it. so wat im asking (because im a noob wen it cums to head amps/cabs) is it possible to hook up the tt directly to the speaker of my spider? wat ohms? and just all the possible ways to hook it up???
it would sound like ass, crap speakers in spiders.

i think the speaker is direct-connected to the spider's power amp, but i dunno.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

it is,, but ive got a soldering iron. nd i could get a 1/4" jack (male and female) and just snip the speaker wire and do it that way.. but would the tt be compatible with the line 6 speaker??
Quote by scarsonbroadway
if i try i get a free tt
a free TT that doesn't work.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
open the back, unsolder the speaker wires. resolder the (spider) speaker wires to an in/output jack. Drill a hole in the spider back to mount the in/out jack. Take the speaker wires (coming out of the amp) from the spider and wire them to a 1/4 inch guitar plug. So when you want to use the spider as a combo,you'll have to hook it up to itself. Don't ever turn it on with out a speaker attached (it's solid state shouldn't really matter, but to be safe) . From the Tiny Terror use a normal 1/4'' guitar/speaker cable to the speaker of the Spider. The spider amp will NOT be on. Hope that helps. I've done this with some small amps with no output jack to run into a rotating organ speaker.
Quote by scarsonbroadway
it is,, but ive got a soldering iron. nd i could get a 1/4" jack (male and female) and just snip the speaker wire and do it that way.. but would the tt be compatible with the line 6 speaker??

You could probably do it actually. This is how people install attenuators in some combo amps. It just wouldn't sound very good.
Quote by BlueFirus
open the back, unsolder the speaker wires. resolder the (spider) speaker wires to an in/output jack. Drill a hole in the spider back to mount the in/out jack. Take the speaker wires (coming out of the amp) from the spider and wire them to a 1/4 inch guitar plug. So when you want to use the spider as a combo,you'll have to hook it up to itself. Don't ever turn it on with out a speaker attached (it's solid state shouldn't really matter, but to be safe) . From the Tiny Terror use a normal 1/4'' guitar/speaker cable to the speaker of the Spider. The spider amp will NOT be on. Hope that helps. I've done this with some small amps with no output jack to run into a rotating organ speaker.

cheers
Quote by GURREN LAGANN
You could probably do it actually. This is how people install attenuators in some combo amps. It just wouldn't sound very good.

i know lol itl sound shit as,, but i want a free tt lol
follow what bluefirus and ze monsta said...and it should work. it'll most likely sound like crap...but it will work.

EDIT: ^using an instrument cable instead of a speaker cable to go between the head and speaker cab will hurt the transformer in the amp over time. Just don't do it.
Quote by eyebanez333
follow what bluefirus and ze monsta said...and it should work. it'll most likely sound like crap...but it will work.

EDIT: ^using an instrument cable instead of a speaker cable to go between the head and speaker cab will hurt the transformer in the amp over time. Just don't do it.

thanks for the help
Why don't you just get a cheap cab? Little Bugera 212 or something, then upgrade it after you get a free TT.