I am nearly done with my first Strat build. I simply need to replace the bridge pickup (which is dead), and then get it all strung up and adjusted.

To me this thing is looking bad ass.

Parts:
Body: I don't have ANY clue where this body came from.
Neck: USACG Slowhand contour AAA birdseye maple
Pickups: American Standard
Bridge: Fender Vintage style

Let me know what you think.
- Anthony
PRS: PS P22, ME II 25th, SC HB I, Custom 22, McCarty 20th, SE Custom 24 7, Angulus SE
Fender Am Tele, Am Strat, 70 RI Strat, Esquire Scorpion
LTD: SC-607B

Amp
Avid 11R
Beauty, except for the vintage-style trem. Not a fan of those.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Do you prefer the newer style american standard trems?
- Anthony
PRS: PS P22, ME II 25th, SC HB I, Custom 22, McCarty 20th, SE Custom 24 7, Angulus SE

Amp
Avid 11R
I prefer Wilkinsons, just for the saddles. I'm always afraid I'm going to break my Strats vintage-style ones.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Looks quite immense.
For some reason the tortoise shell with the flame doesn't sit right with me, but it still looks badass. Didn't ever think about flamed red-burst and a maple fretboard, turns out it looks awesome
Quote by Punk_Ninja
For some reason the tortoise shell with the flame doesn't sit right with me,
Same here. But I know the reason. At least the reason it looks off to me. It's too busy. Very nice look on its own. But it steals attention from the wood of the body. imho, that should be the feature on this guitar, not the pickguard.

Something plainer/more subtle would look better for the pickguard on this one. Put this pickguard aside for another guitar with a solid coloured body, yeah?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
not only have i never seen a strat like that before (especially the neck), but it look amazing. hold onto that guitar. were those parts custom made/done? does fender even make necks of that quality wood?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Same here. But I know the reason. At least the reason it looks off to me. It's too busy. Very nice look on its own. But it steals attention from the wood of the body. imho, that should be the feature on this guitar, not the pickguard.

That makes sense now that you've said it.

I reckon a black pickguard would be best on this guitar.
Not suggesting you change it or anything, it looks good as it is, just a bit of personal opinion
i disagree with the other guys. that pickguard makes the guitar something special. it stands out from the rest. there isnt too much going in. its just flashy, but in a good way. thats by far the most beautiful strat i've ever seen.
on a side note, i'm thinking of redoing mine with a trans white finish and a blue pearl pickguard... what you guys think?
first thing I thought was that I'm not a fan of the pickguard..

other than that, it's really good looking, though. I really do love just about everything but the pickguard.

nice project
I really appreciate all the feedback. I have located a set of 57/62 reissue pickups that will be going into the guitar. I will save the other two american standard picks for a super strat build.

I understand everything you are saying about the pickgaurd, and I am torn as well. I shall see how it shakes out, and I will see what my next build looks like.

One final change will be ordering aged white knobs to match the pickups.

I just can't wait to get this thing strung and set up. Hopefully this weekend it will all be together.
- Anthony

Amp
Avid 11R
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Something plainer/more subtle would look better for the pickguard on this one. Put this pickguard aside for another guitar with a solid coloured body, yeah?

Hey you changed your avatar back

On topic, that looks really nice. Good job.
Obviously Fassa.
What do you guys think of going with a fender "mint green" pickgaurd? I would replace all the knobs to the aged white and the 57/62 RI pickups i will be puting in will be aged white as well.
- Anthony

Amp
Avid 11R
I absolutely love the body and neck. I think the current pickguard is okay, but I think it would look even better with black or black pearloid and black pickups/knobs.
I already have a silver sparkle strat with all black knobs and pickgaurd... I want something different for this guitar.
- Anthony

Amp
Avid 11R