Page 1 of 2
After playing My Curse by Killswitch I may as well get some more drop c songs under my belt. Nothing too hard but challenging / just awesome in general as ive only been playing for like 2 weeks now. Cheers in advance.
more killswitch songs, i think all of them are in drop C, some bullet for my valentine songs (in fact most) are in drop C, the new enter shikari album (common dreads) was in mostly drop C, most modern metalcore.

for a bigger challenge, id say maybe some august burns red and as blood runs black (sick bassists), as their lines often reflect the riffs of the guitarists or create counter melodies against them.
Quote by Stud_Muffin
more killswitch songs, i think all of them are in drop C, some bullet for my valentine songs (in fact most) are in drop C, the new enter shikari album (common dreads) was in mostly drop C, most modern metalcore.

for a bigger challenge, id say maybe some august burns red and as blood runs black (sick bassists), as their lines often reflect the riffs of the guitarists or create counter melodies against them.

had a feeling MORE killswitch songs would be recommended lol, yeah, forgot about bullet actually, havn't listened to them in ages. Enter Shikari I respect greatly for their first album take to the skies, by common dreads was a load of w***. have to take a look at those other bands though, havn't heard of them yet.

Cheers Muffin
quite a bit of rammstein is in drop C and is not too hard.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
System of a down are usally simple but fun. BYOB is crazy fast though when you're just starting. Ariels would be a good start point. (yes some of it is in C# but most of it isn't)

Godsmack stuff is usually in drop D or drop C.

And if you're into that stuff and wouldn't mind working up some speed, tie my rope by Children of bodom is quite fun too.

Quote by moody git
quite a bit of rammstein is in drop C and is not too hard.

like what? I've only known them play in drop d?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Fair enough, I suppose I havn't heard/payed attention to much of their new stuff
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

^almost all in drop B, I know of one in B standard
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Quote by nesveikuolis
Slipknot is in drop C I think

Most of the older stuff is in Drop B and most if not all of the new album is in Drop A.

Quote by gilly_90
^almost all in drop B, I know of one in B standard

Which song?

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Ah crap, I can't remember... It's off the all hope is gone album which I didn't like much so I've forgotten.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Oh that makes sense. Try some Atreyu.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

There are no strickly drop tuning songs. You can play whatever you want on whatever tuning you want.
Guild DV-4 Acoustic
Fender Standard Telecaster Ash MIM
Fender Vibro Champ XD
Deathcar - Fightstar
Build An Army - Fightstar
The Captain - Biffy Clyro
Living is a Problem Because Everything Dies - Biffy Clyro
That Golden Rule - Biffy Clyro

If you're having trouble, The Captain is by far the easiest of those, and Livings a Problem isn't too hard, fun to play too.
Quote by schecter30
There are no strickly drop tuning songs. You can play whatever you want on whatever tuning you want.

I know what you mean, but it's not necessarily true
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Quote by gilly_90

like what? I've only known them play in drop d?

Herzeleid - Tuning is all over the place, some stuff in standard, some in drop D, some in drop C

Sehnsuch/Muttert- Mostly drop D, a few songs are in standard

Reise, Reise/Rosenrot - Mostly Drop C, a few songs are in standard

Liebe Ist Fur Alle Dar- Drop D and C
try The Human Abstract, they are pretty technical, but nothing practice can't fix mate. :-)
GEAR:

Ibanez GSR205FM

Trace Elliot GP7SM 200watt bass combo
Quote by jazzbass13
Queens of the Stone Age- No one knows
Cool Bassline

is it in drop c?
i'd never expect that
and yes is is an awsome bassline
Gear so far:
Dean Vendetta XMT
Roland Microcube

Infiltrate the system and rot it from the inside-out.
^ I thought they were (often) C standard?
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Quote by gilly_90
^ I thought they were (often) C standard?

That's what I thought too...

TS: check out some songs by Strapping Young Lad. They are sick, wicked and nasty (quite a workout too)

Specifically look at either Love?, Far Beyond Metal, and Decimator

Fucking awesome songs
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
i dnt think iv seen anyone post up three days grace. some of their songs are in drop c i know animal i have become iz.
-Pulse-
Quote by schecter30

I know, but theres uncomfortable and unnecessary tuning compared to realistic and easy going.

Thanks veru much for everyone who's commented, i'll look at all your suggestions
cancer bats are drop c aswell if im not mistaken..Im pretty sure theres machine head songs in drop c aswell need to look that up.

oh and i think a lot of In Flames newer stuff is Drop C aswell.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Machine Head are generally drop B with some C# standard.
I've been told they have used drop C occasionally in the past but I've never known them to.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Quote by gilly_90
Machine Head are generally drop B with some C# standard.
I've been told they have used drop C occasionally in the past but I've never known them to.

same lol and i have seen em live black crusade was a legendary tour seen so many awesome bands that night.

oh i think COB songs are drop c and D im pretty sure hatecrew (the album is almost all Drop C) cause i checked out the tab for hatecrew itself lol.
Guitar Gear

Bass Gear
Quote by Razgriz_101
cancer bats are drop c aswell if im not mistaken..Im pretty sure theres machine head songs in drop c aswell need to look that up.

oh and i think a lot of In Flames newer stuff is Drop C aswell.

most newer in flames is dropA# or some shit, i know come clarity i, dunno about a sense of purpose. december flower and free fall are C standard thats more older in flames though
Gear
-----------------
ESP LTD B-104
Prehistoric Jay Turser P Copy - Custom Pickguard/Stickers
Jay Turser vintage series strat copy
Peavey NanoValve 30w
Boss DS-1
Quote by TexMex
most newer in flames is dropA# or some shit, i know come clarity i, dunno about a sense of purpose. december flower and free fall are C standard thats more older in flames though

i always thougt take this life was Drop C cause my friend was blowing on bout it he prolly was high knowing him
Guitar Gear

Bass Gear
august burns red - black sheep, composure, back burner
as blood runs black - in dying days, hester prynne
born of osiris - abstract art (pretty challenging)
killswitch engage - fixation on the darkness, eye of the storm, breathe life
sea of treachery - unleash the serpents
just try learning stuff by slightly technical/original metalcore bands...

out of interest, do you play with a pick?
happy riffing : )
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
Check out Oblivion by Mastodon. One of the few of their songs in drop C most others are in D standard.
Disturbed has some incredible basslines in Drop C, some in Drop D. although for some you need a 5 string.
Music Man Stingray 4 Vintage Burst.
Ampeg BA115
forgot about disturbed, need to dig out their CD's again. I'll takes a deeks...
My purpose in life is to prove to everyone that self consiousness is a human trait that should be purged from our cognitive minds.
schecter30 Not really. You won't get the same sort of sound from a guitar in standard as one in drop c. Won't have the low C on the E string for one. I get where your coming from but it won't sound as heavy if a heavy sound is what you want. If that was the case why would so many people use different tunings. :P
Page 1 of 2