Hey, I've been studying music production for a while now an have a lot of sequencing software such as Cubase and Reason but I'm looking for some new plug-ins to get my hands on.
I'm specifically looking for some sort of virtual piano and/or a orchestral plug-in so if anyone knows of any decent ones I'd like to hear from you, thanks Eddie
For piano, I suggest looking up Pianissimo from Acoustica.
For orchestra, I've currently been using Edirol's Orchestra. It's not the best tool, but it gets the job done
Quote by CatharsisStudio
stienway piano rules.
for drums

superior 2.0 hands down

Disagree, it's hampered by the fact that you can't really load up your own sample sets, and and most of the toontrack sets are pretty sub-par, or are at best one trick ponies, plus it's a massive CPU hog, especially for what is essentially a glorified sampler. If you want good drums go with NI Battery.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
thanks a lot some great suggestions there! I will check a few of them out.
The best piano VSTi I've ever come across is Native Instruments Akoustik Piano - you can get really nice results with it. Orchestra wise I've heard good things about Edirol Orchestral, but never got around to trying it.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by Sonny_sam
The best piano VSTi I've ever come across is Native Instruments Akoustik Piano - you can get really nice results with it. Orchestra wise I've heard good things about Edirol Orchestral, but never got around to trying it.

that thing is extremely behind the times technology wise, and pretty much nobody except pirates who forwhatever reason) can't find anything better. You can do much much better than Orchestral. Good examples would be EWQL Platinum, Symphobia and even older stuff like Miroslav Philharmonik.

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Jan 6, 2010,
The problem with EWQL is that it's pricey & very heavy on the hard drive. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you need an iLok connected at all times for it to operate - which is pretty inconvenient if like me your computer only has 2 USB sockets, and one is constantly connected to an external hard drive. I'm sure there are other, better VSTis, but I have to admit I am fairly behind the times - I haven't really dealt much in midi for quite a while. It's easily my least favorite aspect of music production.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
get a USB Hub or crack the protection (which is what I usually do when I buy something that requires a dongle) It is pricey, but last I checked Edirol Orchestral wasn't very cheap either, and it's extremely out of date and uses very outdated methods of getting realistic orchestral sounds. For a comparison listen to the song Fell on my profile which was done with edirol orchestral like 4 years ago, then listen to this version http://jesusfreaks.lsdxm.com/Fell%20%28New%20Instrumental%20Mix%29.mp3 done with miroslav philharmonik.

Last.fm
Quote by Paradox_Empire7
The Best piano vst I know is Pianoteq 23 and the strings vst I use is the SI-String Section from Cakewalk. Easy to use and sounds great

2.3? the current version is 3.4 or 3.5, piracy is bad kids.

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Jan 6, 2010,