I'm pretty confused about chromatic scale,its all like E|-0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 and so on right?so is it actually all the notes on the fretboards?I'm a total beginner here so pls help,thanks.
Yeah tho people play it
------------------------------------------------------1-2-3-4-3-2-1-
-------------------------------------------1-2-3-4--------------------
---------------------------------1-2-3-4------------------------------
---------------------1-2-3-4------------------------------------------
-----------1-2-3-4----------------------------------------------------
-1-2-3-4--------------------------------------------------------------
and so on going up and down the fretboard doing the same.
Chromatic Scale is A B C D E F G or all of those Sharp, Flat, Double Sharp or Double Flat. So off the E string it would be 0=E 1=F 3=G 5=A 7=B 8=C 10= D 12=E. The intervals between all notes except B-C, E-F are whole steps. B-C & E-F are half steps thus the 1 fret instead of 2 jump.
Put it simply it's every note on any instrument.
"...I cried. Just for a second. Then I thought, 'I must rock.' "
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

Indeed. I soo got it wrong. However, the half steps are important because they do not get accidentals.
Quote by psyguitarist
Chromatic Scale is A B C D E F G or all of those Sharp, Flat, Double Sharp or Double Flat. So off the E string it would be 0=E 1=F 3=G 5=A 7=B 8=C 10= D 12=E. The intervals between all notes except B-C, E-F are whole steps. B-C & E-F are half steps thus the 1 fret instead of 2 jump.

You really have absolutely no idea what you are talking about huh?
Ah ok,then how do you play/solo with it?so I can just hit any random note or something?
It's pretty tricky sucessfully soloing in chromatic, some jazz guitarists do it best. Usually you don't do a whole solo on chromatic, most of the times you just throw a chromatic lick here and there. This is kinda advanced stuff so, as you're still a beginner, I would advise you to just wank a lot with your pentatonic and major scales for some time, one step at a time.
"...I cried. Just for a second. Then I thought, 'I must rock.' "
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

Quote by psyguitarist
No, I was confusing theory stuff with chromatic scale. Do you know any theory?

It sounds like you were talking about the C Major scale, which would be all of the natural notes. The chromatic scale is simple a half-step for each interval, making it every fret on the board.

"Playing around in chromatic scale" would essentially be improvising using whatever notes you felt like. If you're a beginner, learn some basic scales and get comfortable with normal groups of notes first.
guitar
amp

some pedals
Playing over the chromatic scale is very hard, but it can indeed be done. If you don't believe me, go listen to some jazz. Or if you're metal, listen to the intro riff in master of puppet. All chromatic.

The hard thing about the chromatic scale is, that it's chromatic. All the intervals are the same. The most important thing when using it is to always land on the root note. If you don't put emphasis on the root note, it'll sound too random.

Quote by Dopemgs
Yeah tho people play it
------------------------------------------------------1-2-3-4-3-2-1-
-------------------------------------------1-2-3-4--------------------
---------------------------------1-2-3-4------------------------------
---------------------1-2-3-4------------------------------------------
-----------1-2-3-4----------------------------------------------------
-1-2-3-4--------------------------------------------------------------
and so on going up and down the fretboard doing the same.

Wong. With that run you are at some places missing the E, A,D and G

If played open it's:

------------------------------------------------------------0-1-2-3---------- and so on
------------------------------------------------0-1-2-3-4-------------------
--------------------------------------0-1-2-3--------------------------------
-------------------------0-1-2-3-4------------------------------------------
-------------0-1-2-3-4------------------------------------------------------
-0-1-2-3-4------------------------------------------------------------------

and from higher position:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------5-6-7-8-
---------------------------------------------------------------------------6-7-8-9---------
------------------------------------------------------------------6-7-8-9------------------
--------------------------------------------------------7-8-9-10--------------------------
-------------------------------------------8-9-10-11-------------------------------------
----------------------------9-10-11-12--------------------------------------------------
-----------10-11-12-13-----------------------------------------------------------------
Guthrie Govan = Guitar Genius