Basically means you can tune all your strings in one strum, instead of doing one string at a time.
Linky
Looks like a genuinely useful product, especially on stage, but i'm not sure how you would get alternate tunings unless there was a tiny display for each note on each string.

The idea of this being sold looks promising, as Jim D'Addario (of D'Addario, duh) has expressed interest in making this a product.
We would be interested in talking to you about developing this into a commerical product. Please contact me if you are interested.
Jim D'Addario - D'Addario Strings/Planet Waves Accessories.

Your thoughts on this?

Update: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEjo5QbZE5o&feature=sdig&et=1262935308.75
They've made the prototype now. Looks interesting, but having to go into individual string mode if you want alternate tunings apart from half step down and standard may be against the point of the pedal.
Thoughts?

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Last edited by hugh20 at Jan 8, 2010,
Is it that hard to tune it either by ear or use a tuner to tune the strings one by one? Talk about a useless product. I get a bit sad to see all these little gadgets that just excuse people to be lazier and stupider by the minute.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I mean, I'd rather have a Robot Guitar that tunes itself.

But really, that's a pretty cool concept.

AÆdit: ^It's to save time on stage. No one wants to wait for the next song because the guitarist is going through all his strings one by one trying to tune them.
Quote by archangels666
I mean, I'd rather have a Robot Guitar that tunes itself.

But really, that's a pretty cool concept.

AÆdit: ^It's to save time on stage. No one wants to wait for the next song because the guitarist is going through all his strings one by one trying to tune them.

I'd rather have a robot which tuned my guitar for me. And destroyed my enemies, and brought me beer and wimminz when it wasn't doing that.
Edit: It doesn't take that long to identify the string that's out, unless the sound guy is a dick and you can;t hear yourself.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Is it that hard to tune it either by ear or use a tuner to tune the strings one by one? Talk about a useless product. I get a bit sad to see all these little gadgets that just excuse people to be lazier and stupider by the minute.
What's useless about an invention that lets you perform a boring thankless task quicker?
Quote by freedoms_stain
What's useless about an invention that lets you perform a boring thankless task quicker?

Because that task is done in less than 20 seconds anyway and if people can't do that task without thinking it can be done quicker it's just sad.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Because that task is done in less than 20 seconds anyway and if people can't do that task without thinking it can be done quicker it's just sad.
Know what's better than 20 seconds? 10.

And there've been plenty of times I've gone to see bands who spent minutes tuning instruments in the middle of gigs, it's much harder to do on stage.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

it isn't, however when on stage it might be very usefull, when checking your tuning you usually mute your signal to the amp but in a live situation you won't be able to hear it yourself, a normal tuner however would work but this would obviously be quicker

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
Quote by freedoms_stain
Know what's better than 20 seconds? 10.

And there've been plenty of times I've gone to see bands who spent minutes tuning instruments in the middle of gigs, it's much harder to do on stage.

You can also have someone else in the band do stuff like talk for a short while. You know, "we are <insert band name here>, on the drums we have <name>, on bass <name>, and f*cking around with his guitar again, <name>. This next song is about <waffle>, and it's called <song name>".
Quote by numinis
it isn't, however when on stage it might be very usefull, when checking your tuning you usually mute your signal to the amp but in a live situation you won't be able to hear it yourself, a normal tuner however would work but this would obviously be quicker

Oh well, if people are too lazy to tune it the usual way they are free to waste their money on this product. I hope it's expensive.
lol tuning
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Oh well, if people are too lazy to tune it the usual way they are free to waste their money on this product. I hope it's expensive.

Yeah. All guitar tuners are useless too. If you're too lazy to use a tuning fork and carry them around with you for each tuning you want, than they are free to waste their money on electronic tuners!
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Yeah. All guitar tuners are useless too. If you're too lazy to use a tuning fork and carry them around with you for each tuning you want, than they are free to waste their money on electronic tuners!

OK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEjo5QbZE5o&feature=sdig&et=1262935308.75
They've made the prototype now. Looks interesting, but having to go into individual string mode if you want alternate tunings apart from half step down and standard may be against the point of the pedal.
Thoughts?

(Yes this was a bump, but it was well deserved. I was preventing another thread being made)

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Not really that ground-breaking imo. I can't see it being overly useful, it might save you, like, 2 minutes.
^ On stage with a crowd roaring? 2 mins saved is excelent, that's almost an entire song!

**** me sideways... This pedal is win.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
I still thought it was pretty cool. What's wrong with innovation?
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Quote by sketchy z
I still thought it was pretty cool. What's wrong with innovation?

People who have been using electronic tuners, designed for convenience, their entire lives think their method is somehow more legitimate than using an electronic tuner with even more convenience built in. If you use pitch pipes, tuning forks, or tune completely by ear, and I don't mean relative tuning either, then you can talk about how stupid this idea is.

Its actually a really good idea to use on stage imo.