I'm currently using a Squier Affinity strat and a Vox DA5 amp. I put EMG 81/85 in the Squier a while ago, but I don't really play heavy stuff all that much anymore. I play mostly blues, classical, and rock. Also, the guitar goes out of tune pretty easily, even after doing some modifications to prevent it from doing so. I've got about ~$600 that I can spend on either a new guitar or a new amp.

I'm afraid that if I upgrade my amp, my guitar will still sound like crap. On the other hand, if I get a new guitar, I don't know how it will sound out of the DA5. I don't know anyone that plays, so I can't test a better guitar on my amp. I live with a room mate, so the loudness of the amp isn't an issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I keep the amp and get MIM strat? Should I get a better amp of some kind and keep the Squier?
new amp, get something with at least a 12 inch speaker. Stay clear of line 6 and laney. try a marshall haze 40
new amp!!!! your guitar will not sound like crap.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
How'd you get 2 Active humbuckers into your Affinity? You must have rewired the entire pickguard.

Get a new amp.
Last edited by Commodor 64 at Jan 6, 2010,
I would assume so... I mean they come sss or hss. so he had to get a new one. Doubt he dropped 180 some dollars on a prewired one.

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
Take your guitar to your local music shop and ask them if you can plug yours into a few amps to test out
Quote by BoL7z
Take your guitar to your local music shop and ask them if you can plug yours into a few amps to test out

+1 Best option, i did it when buying mine!
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Quote by Commodor 64
How'd you get 2 Active humbuckers into your Affinity? You must have rewired the entire pickguard.

Get a new amp.

I wired it myself. It wasn't that hard, just a little snug.

Thanks for the advice.
u should consider selling both, since it appears that u aren't extremely happy with ur guitar, and ur amp isnt that big, people will get excited when they see emg's. So i suggest that u sell both and get a nice amp and guitar