Hi there!. Let's get straight to it. Basicly, I'm looking for an amp, mainly (emphasis on mainly) for metal (think In Flames, Amon Amarth and other melodeath-bands). I'd prefer it to be a 1x12" combo.

My current gear:
Washburn WI66PRO
Ibanez TS9
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Dunlop Crybaby (not really using that)

Budget:

Around £600/ $950

What I've been looking at:

Peavey ValveKing 112 with Celestion V30 and new tubes
Peavey 6505+ 112

Going used is not really an option since there's no real used market for guitars/gear in Denmark.

Questions, comments and advice will be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance
SIGNATURE
Last edited by KaFuCh at Jan 6, 2010,
Quote by WantsLesPaul
The Peavey 6505 112 or a Bugera 6262

+1 if you don't need a super clean tone
6505+ 112.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Thanks for the replies . Now, if I chose the 6505+, do you think it'd be an idea to change the tubes and/or the speaker?
SIGNATURE
Quote by KaFuCh
Thanks for the replies . Now, if I chose the 6505+, do you think it'd be an idea to change the tubes and/or the speaker?

I haven't played one, but if it goes by the quality of the other Peavey speakers then i'd say to change the speaker in it as i did with my valveking. It made a huge difference!!

You could change the tubes. I'd see how you like the tone before you upgrade anything though.

As you say though, with the VK tubes and speaker changes make a big difference... This could be the case with the 6505 too!!
Ibanez RG370DX
Schecter C-1 Classic
Valveking 112 w/ Celestion V30
Bad Monkey
Tanglewood TW28 Acoustic
Quote by Darkpagey
I haven't played one, but if it goes by the quality of the other Peavey speakers then i'd say to change the speaker in it as i did with my valveking. It made a huge difference!!

You could change the tubes. I'd see how you like the tone before you upgrade anything though.

As you say though, with the VK tubes and speaker changes make a big difference... This could be the case with the 6505 too!!

Yeah, I don't really know much about that Sheffield speaker that's in the 6505+, can someone say if it'd be worth exchanging for a Celestion (only manufacturer available in Denmark, as far as I know)?

Also, do you think there is another amp that will be better for me, or do you think I should go for the 6505+ 112?
SIGNATURE
The Sheffield speaker in the 212 6505's are sub par to the amplifier to be honest. So I am going to recommend a speaker change (Celestion V30 or Eminence Legend if you prefer a smoother midrange) but I'll say that it isn't necessary to making it sound good (unlike the VK).

Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Thanks for the responses guys, I think I'm set on the 6505+ 112 and maybe exchanging the speaker to a Celestion V30
SIGNATURE