I just bought a new laptop with a really good audio system hooked up with a subwoofer. On youtube, I was listening to a lot of Metallica songs that are remastered in 1080p, and I must say I am really impressed with the quality. For one thing, you can actually hear the duo vocals and such, and the bass is rarely drowned. My compliants about it is when I listen to Metallica songs from "And Justice For All", the lack of bass really exposes the song. On the other hand, when I listen to some of the Metallica songs from RTL, you can kind of tell Cliff Burton wasn't really tight, but I think it could be more of Lars fault if anything.

Does anyone have good experiences listening to HD Audio?

PS. Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ds4GgvCEqM&fmt=37
1080p is video resolution, not an audio measurement, surely?
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
ya, 1080p has nothing to do with audio
www.myspace.com/decognition

Guitar Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Freeway
Korg DTR2000 Tuner
Axon Ax100
Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mk||
Boss V-Wah, CE-5, TR-2

Bass Rig:
Ibanez sr700
Ampeg BA600/115
Boss MT-2
Quote by Greenie_777
I thought 1080p meant that there was 1080 pixels?

Well, I am learning about resolution quality, since I have a 720p monitor. I think audio is also converted along with the quality of the video.
Quote by Greenie_777
I thought 1080p meant that there was 1080 pixels?

1080p is 1080 progressive scan, as oppose to 1080i(interlaced), meaining there are 1080 lines of pixels.
I think.
fail
www.myspace.com/adayoverdue

GEAR-
Guitars-
Ibanez SA260lh
Epiphone SG-black lefthand
Vintage Metal Axxe
Westfield Les Paul copy

Pedals
BOSS Metal Core
BOSS TU2
BOSS NS2
BOSS BF3 Flanger

BOSS BCB60

Amp
Orange Dual Terror head
Quote by thejoeman
Well, I am learning about resolution quality, since I have a 720p monitor. I think audio is also converted along with the quality of the video.

It isn't. Audio and Video are two seperate things. The reason stuff like Blu-Ray has better audio is because they have more storage to put higher quality audio on, not because the res. is higher.
Quote by thejoeman
Follow the link if you wanna know what I am trying to convey.

the video is just as wrong as you are.
Quote by Horlicks
It isn't. Audio and Video are two seperate things. The reason stuff like Blu-Ray has better audio is because they have more storage to put higher quality audio on, not because the res. is higher.

Alright, my mistake then. Again, I am just learning about resolution quality. Is the audio alone in a different format than say...mp3?
Quote by thejoeman
Alright, my mistake then. Again, I am just learning about resolution quality. Is the audio alone in a different format than say...mp3?

CD Audio is in .WAV format. About 1400kbps (Much higher quality than MP3). If you rip it to your PC it will be the same quality as any other music though...
I really don't see the point in the video of having high quality video and then just one picture the whole way through.
Alright, that kind of solves my confusion then. I never understood why there are youtube videos that post things like "<insert song> in 1080p".

Alright, that kind of solves my confusion then. I never understood why there are youtube videos that post things like "<insert song> in 1080p".

Because it's a vid!
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by thejoeman

It's just in higher resolution
Must have been imaging the 'better sound quality'
Quote by Horlicks
1080p is a screen resolution you idiot.

It wasn't that funny to me until i read this.

Actually, I am aware of the video being a picture. I just wanted to discuss the audio quality of the video.
Quote by thejoeman
Actually, I am aware of the video being a picture. I just wanted to discuss the audio quality of the video.

I hear you. It's an easy mistake to make man. Just see how the HD button is selected? It puts the video into a higher definition, but it also increases the audio quality. So basically you're hearing a better audio signal or w/e cause of your new sound system and it being in HD format. If you uncheck that HD button you'll hear the difference.

Edit: Well, in most cases you'll hear the difference. I think there is only a slight difference in this case, but in a lot of youtubes of songs the audio quality increases dramatically when you click on HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIjeqMPwT3A

Heres a good example. I think that link takes you to the non-HD version, if you just click on HD you can hear the audio difference.
Last edited by icaneatcatfood at Jan 6, 2010,
Quote by icaneatcatfood
I hear you. It's an easy mistake to make man. Just see how the HD button is selected? It puts the video into a higher definition, but it also increases the audio quality. So basically you're hearing a better audio signal or w/e cause of your new sound system and it being in HD format. If you uncheck that HD button you'll hear the difference.

Thanks. I notice the quality in other videos on youtube not being quite a clear as the one I posted.
1300x1080

is a HD resolution

audio isnt measured in pixels, fool.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by MightyAl
1080p is 1080 progressive scan, as oppose to 1080i(interlaced), meaining there are 1080 lines of pixels.
I think.

Yeah, p stands for progressive as opposed to interlaced. GJ TS.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, didn't see you were talking about YouTube vids. My bad.
Quote by :Vicious--
how did u guys get from pit flags to mace windu raping kids using an ice cream truck

Quote by -Vogel-
"Don't touch my buttsecks"